PDA

View Full Version : Really temped to change cars..

siamblue
Saturday 13th August 2011, 20:13
Probably some of you guys out there have done this, i love the Saffy R to drive and the looks, but i have had the same sort of car now for neigh on 7 yrs, think a change might be on the way,
I want too spend about a grand, but want a smaller car with a smaller engine but cheaper insurance.

Anyone out there know of any cars? Have been looking at the V40 T4. buy haven't a clue about them, only hearing that the earlier ones were stronger and can tune more easilly? plus the insurance is only 16,

Gary.

T5frankie
Saturday 13th August 2011, 20:15
a t4 wont save you a penny on insurance gary

LiamT4
Saturday 13th August 2011, 20:21
Not surprised you want a change. 7 years, i'v only had mine 2 and i want something different.

The 1855cc engine is supposed to be stronger, but i think the 1948cc engine is still good for nearly 300bhp, as long as its run on 99 and been looked after.

The problem i'v noticed now is that a lot of the early ones don't seem to have been looked after very well.

Insurance is different for everyone, for me a t4 is cheaper than my s70r. Get a quote before you decide.

T5frankie
Saturday 13th August 2011, 20:22
shame they didnt do a v40r or an s40r something worth having.

siamblue
Saturday 13th August 2011, 20:50
shame they didnt do a v40r or an s40r something worth having.

But imagine a T4 with 6 pots and a 19T lol..you know what i am thinking, will probably chuck a few of the V70R bits on it..

Seen a nice 2001 car but he wants £1500 for it June 2001, but the tax is more than the V70R at 143 odd for 6 months.

Gary.

p fandango
Saturday 13th August 2011, 20:51
when BT was my daily car i thought numberous times about selling her, but couldn't find anything else anywhere near the price that would compete. S/V40's are too small for my liking

LiamT4
Saturday 13th August 2011, 20:56
But imagine a T4 with 6 pots and a 19T lol..you know what i am thinking, will probably chuck a few of the V70R bits on it..

Seen a nice 2001 car but he wants £1500 for it June 2001, but the tax is more than the V70R at 143 odd for 6 months.

Gary.

From what i'v read if you wanted to fit something like a 19t, then the 1855cc engine would be best. These engines came in both phase 1 and 2, so check the engine code on the cover to know for sure.

You may as well go for a pre 2001, just to save that bit on tax.

siamblue
Saturday 13th August 2011, 21:08
From what i'v read if you wanted to fit something like a 19t, then the 1855cc engine would be best. These engines came in both phase 1 and 2, so check the engine code on the cover to know for sure.

You may as well go for a pre 2001, just to save that bit on tax.

My next door neighbour has a y plate 2.0t, facelift, looks very nice in Nautic Blue but it is a S40 but it is auto, i want a manual version, so what specs are they are they like the V70s?, tbh i don't care about leather and things as i have the dog, but thought about downsizing as only 2 of the 4 kids are at home now full time.

I will phone up the insurance company on Monday, i am paying £660 now for the R and too be totally honest she will be going when the renewal comes in next January,

Gary.

LiamT4
Saturday 13th August 2011, 21:16
My next door neighbour has a y plate 2.0t, facelift, looks very nice in Nautic Blue but it is a S40 but it is auto, i want a manual version, so what specs are they are they like the V70s?, tbh i don't care about leather and things as i have the dog, but thought about downsizing as only 2 of the 4 kids are at home now full time.

I will phone up the insurance company on Monday, i am paying £660 now for the R and too be totally honest she will be going when the renewal comes in next January,

Gary.

Some of them can be pretty basic (mainly the early phase 1's), but mine had pretty much everything my s70r has, bar the electric seats and the extra pro-logic speaker.

Most phase 2s should have climate control and cruise control, they're the only extras i really care about. lol

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 13th August 2011, 21:25
If you want to have a play in mine some time let me know.

I can get 35mpg if I wanted to, but average 29.. The 850 would never get near that.
Insurance is similar to the 850.
Since you've got a V series the interior plastic bits are similar.
and it seems that a 1/4 time is pretty good too.

siamblue
Saturday 13th August 2011, 21:36
If you want to have a play in mine some time let me know.

I can get 35mpg if I wanted to, but average 29.. The 850 would never get near that.
Insurance is similar to the 850.
Since you've got a V series the interior plastic bits are similar.
and it seems that a 1/4 time is pretty good too.

Thanks guys, i haven't a clue about modding these or what they are about, are they like the 70 series, 98 is cable and 99 etm?

Also what are the best mods for them, i have all of the bits on the V70R so would probably try and swap as much over as i could, which probably wouldn't be that much lol.

Yorkshiresxi
Saturday 13th August 2011, 23:06
I am with trade insurance for the vulva...pay 600 a year to drive any car but only insured up to 10k, but unlimted stock etc. really good policy but dont get windowscreen cover with it.