PDA

View Full Version : alarm

peewee
Saturday 13th August 2011, 15:51
hi there, just found out my remote still locks the car but when you lock there is no indicator flash to let you know, and the alarm does not come on there is no flash of the alarm set ontop of the dash!!!! but when i unlock it again with the keyfob the indicators DO flash twice so to recap
press to lock -NO flash of indicator and alarm don't work
press to unlock indicators flash twice,
so i is looking for any help anyone can give, i not sure about maybe a fuse but i don't have the manual, so i don't even no which fuse is which, so again -HELP please, cheers - pete...

M-R-P
Saturday 13th August 2011, 16:21
hi there, just found out my remote still locks the car but when you lock there is no indicator flash to let you know, and the alarm does not come on there is no flash of the alarm set ontop of the dash!!!! but when i unlock it again with the keyfob the indicators DO flash twice so to recap
press to lock -NO flash of indicator and alarm don't work
press to unlock indicators flash twice,
so i is looking for any help anyone can give, i not sure about maybe a fuse but i don't have the manual, so i don't even no which fuse is which, so again -HELP please, cheers - pete...

Not sure what car you have, with mine, when that happens, it's usually the bonnet, there are 2 catches, one each side. they are known to be a problem on older P2 models (S60, V70 etc). go round the car, starting with the bonnet, open and slam everything, doors, boot etc. and see if that helps.
What model have you got? I may be able to pinpoint the problem better.
There is also a thread on the forum explaining how to reset the alarm modules on these things.

peewee
Saturday 13th August 2011, 19:29
Not sure what car you have, with mine, when that happens, it's usually the bonnet, there are 2 catches, one each side. they are known to be a problem on older P2 models (S60, V70 etc). go round the car, starting with the bonnet, open and slam everything, doors, boot etc. and see if that helps.
What model have you got? I may be able to pinpoint the problem better.
There is also a thread on the forum explaining how to reset the alarm modules on these things.

many thanks any help would be apreciated, it is a v40, and by the way i have just had a bonnet replaced on it, the last one was bent! ! so when i had the cambelt done i bought another bonnet and had that one put on ! ! !"