PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so I'm an idiot

Happygilmore78
Friday 5th August 2011, 18:53
I know this already but...

I have just got another set of calipers and 302 carriers that I am refurbing to put on in black, but while doing a disc have stupidly oversprayed into a disc.

I'm thinking, should be alright as soon as I brake when fitted, will scrape itself off. Or should I sand it all down to expose metal again so it doesnt have paint on disc? Will it be safe otherwise?

On the plus side, will have a full set of 302 calipers and rears with all discs up for grabs when I fit these new ones on.

t5 stealth
Friday 5th August 2011, 19:11
hi mate,
it will come off with braking but if you use a bit of emery cloth or sand paper just to get rid of the paint it will be better..........

Happygilmore78
Friday 5th August 2011, 21:49
Cheers bud, though so - guess I got carried away with the paint :)

dicky b t5
Friday 5th August 2011, 22:46
Wirewool and Meths is your friend.

antz
Friday 5th August 2011, 23:29
just give it a good couple of stamps on the pedal from 60mph. itll wear itself off ha ha ha ha

Happygilmore78
Sunday 7th August 2011, 15:54
I am doing the fronts now, but this time all masked up :)

nobananas
Sunday 7th August 2011, 17:09
Wouldn't worry about it, Bosch discs come with the bells and the discs painted grey, a couple of brake applications (which results in some odd noises !) and the paint is gone.

t5 stealth
Sunday 7th August 2011, 17:49
I am doing the fronts now, but this time all masked up :)

we expect pics lol

Happygilmore78
Sunday 7th August 2011, 20:14
Aye, will get some pics up, just the front calipers to strip now with the carriers. Done all 4 discs now, and back calipers.

As soon as I've finished, will stick the ones off my car on here, Nowt wrong with them, do someone for a 302 upgrade, was just fed up with red.

streaky744
Wednesday 10th August 2011, 19:55
i've started on my brake doing the cosmetic touch's. new disc's and pads been fitted and mine came zinc coated all over on the disc's, guarenteed not to rust on edges or all other unbraked area's for 2 yrs. zinc came off braked area in 2 applications of brake so your paint will come off in no time at all.

just calipers and carriers to do now but looking into rear brake upgrade so paint can wait few weeks till work out if mod can be done or not to rear caliper that i've been thinking off doing.

t5 stealth
Wednesday 10th August 2011, 23:55
i've started on my brake doing the cosmetic touch's. new disc's and pads been fitted and mine came zinc coated all over on the disc's, guarenteed not to rust on edges or all other unbraked area's for 2 yrs. zinc came off braked area in 2 applications of brake so your paint will come off in no time at all.

just calipers and carriers to do now but looking into rear brake upgrade so paint can wait few weeks till work out if mod can be done or not to rear caliper that i've been thinking off doing.

maybe you should try a diffrent paint lol,
mines been painted about 2 years ago..........still on there :)

Happygilmore78
Sunday 14th August 2011, 15:34
Ok quick question, don't think it matters but have a look at the pick below. At the moment on my car the 'stumps' stick out on the carriers the same length on each side over the disc, but check these out, they are different lengths??!!

Don't see how it would affect anything, but weird, image on left has longer than one on right, but apart from that identical.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/monkeyminge/f7130dcb.jpg