PDA

View Full Version : V70R from auto to manual: Need advice

shaun850
Thursday 4th August 2011, 18:54
Hi guys,

I put a wanted post up for a manual saffy fwd v70r with dark interior a while back and after many a late night searching for the right car..NOTHING!

So, plan B lol

I have found a car, which ticks all of the above apart from its auto (never had a auto..dont really want one).

The car itself is at a price that I can factor in getting a donor car for a conversion all be it a 850 for the minute so...

I know its straight forward on a 850 but not seen many done on a v70.

What I need advice on:

If its 100% possible
Can it stay on a v70r engine ecu? (car is pre me7)
Because the donor would be from a 850, can I use the single mass flywheel without problems from the crank sensor etc.
I guess on the v70 the slave is on the inside of the box, any issues converting this?

The advantages for me would be that eventually it would be manual and I can do all the lovely stuff like new rear main seal, clutch cambelt etc while its all out.

After the conversion is 100% done I plan on running it on the 850 box for a few thousand to make sure all is well then I will hunt for the correct v70r box m59?? Been away from the volvo scene for a while so I may be waaay out on that one lol

many thanks in advance.

To the people about to type that I might like the auto once I try it.... I wont lol

cheers

shaun

si850r
Thursday 4th August 2011, 18:56
To the people about to type that I might like the auto once I try it.... I wont lol

pmsl.....

shaun850
Thursday 4th August 2011, 18:59

pmsl.....

:funkybana

Jamest5r
Thursday 4th August 2011, 19:10
Ive got a FWD, dark interior saffy for sale shortly :)

Jamest5r
Thursday 4th August 2011, 19:15
If its 100% possible
Can it stay on a v70r engine ecu? (car is pre me7)
Because the donor would be from a 850, can I use the single mass flywheel without problems from the crank sensor etc.
I guess on the v70 the slave is on the inside of the box, any issues converting this?

1, anything is possible lol
2, pre me7 auto ecu's will work on manual's in the same car.
3, single mass is fine
4, if your using an 850 box the the slave will be on the outside just have to find somewhere to route the pipework cant see it being a problem

shaun850
Thursday 4th August 2011, 21:49
What sort of miles are on your saffy james?

I left that bit out of text above but its in my wanted post.. sub 130k,

If so I want your number!!

Jamest5r
Friday 5th August 2011, 10:37
Too many for you but for the price i want you could put a new block in :)
There's not many 15yr old cars around with less than 130,000 on the clock anymore.

Vikingxl
Friday 5th August 2011, 10:44
My advice buy the manual and save a whole lot of work

M-R-P
Friday 5th August 2011, 11:21

Agreed, save yourself a load of bother, 130k is merely a run-in for these things. My V70 is just about to hit 180k and its only 9 years old! ;)

shaun850
Friday 5th August 2011, 12:37

I have tried my hardest lol, not much about at all :(

Money burning a hole in my pocket and just had the nipper last week.. cant take them out the the company van it only has three seats lol.

:)

Vikingxl
Friday 5th August 2011, 12:52
Congrats on the new addition to the family mate

shaun850
Friday 5th August 2011, 13:47
Congrats on the new addition to the family mate

thanks buddy :)