PDA

View Full Version : Such a Shame!!

spesh
Sunday 7th August 2005, 16:48
A friend of mine was looking for a 850 or V70 T5, had about 5 k to play with, anyway the first garage we go to there was a 850R esate P red 88k on the clock in olive green, was an minta, they wanted 5k for her but we got them down to 4.5k for cash, started her up, all was fine then give the throttle a little blip and the engine managment light came on, told the sales man, he said no worries come back tomorrow for a test drive and it will all be sorted. So the next day comes we go out side car is waiting for it's test ride with us, so we jump in, he turns the ignition on guess what...... there is no more engine managment light but it should be there when the ignition is on and go off when the engine is running l!! The £££££££s has pulled the bulb out, so we brought this to the attention of the sales man, he said we think the bulb has blown, so my mate is goin back monday to tell them to stick the car up there ass!!
It is such a shame the car is mint with low miles, and instaed of sending the car to volvo to be checked they bodged it, and now it has cost them the sale, but some poor sod will end up buying it!! Wat can you do??? Never buy from TRADE CENTRE WALES!!

volvotuning
Sunday 7th August 2005, 17:02
I've seen that done loads of times (unfortunately). Even on ex-police cars. I guess the police sell them in whatever state they are in and the garage then "fixes" the issues with it and sells it on to unweary buyers. Problem is, unless you know these cars like the back of your hand, it's easy to pull this sort of thing off.

Adam.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 7th August 2005, 17:24
Stupid really - OK it would have narrowed there margins - but look at the untold damage they have done to their reputation.

Mrsmopp
Monday 8th August 2005, 08:52
He's back on the search for a V70 then? Or has this put him off the T5 thing?

x

'95R
Monday 8th August 2005, 12:00
Sorry to hear about your friend's misfortune :( That is very shady of a car dealership, just tarnished their repution over a measly lightbulb on a car.

I hope your friend isn't discouraged about Volvos, good luck with the search! :)

spesh
Monday 8th August 2005, 17:00
Well he has had enough head work with the 850R, well not so much the car but the sale's people, so he is now keeping his current car for the time being!

Paul ABZ
Monday 8th August 2005, 19:24
Offer them £3500, you can get just about anything fixed that brings on the Eng Warn Light for under £1000. If it had graphite coloured Titans fitted (wheels like '95 has on his in the pic above in this thread) it would have been great. Condition of the wheel rims and tyres would be important. Wood trim? Full VSH? I expect it was the auto box though.

Trade Centre Wales' site has not got any stock on it, just a flash intro!

splatt
Monday 8th August 2005, 19:35
I've seen that done loads of times (unfortunately). Even on ex-police cars. I guess the police sell them in whatever state they are in and the garage then "fixes" the issues with it and sells it on to unweary buyers. Problem is, unless you know these cars like the back of your hand, it's easy to pull this sort of thing off.

Adam.
Theese are always sold thru auction so its the dealers that do the dirty on the buyer...