PDA

View Full Version : Possible boost cut?..

Tomcat
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:10
Well after a couple of days with the MBC I'm pretty impressed, or I was until yesterday, driving home I put my foot down, it pulled away but then suddenly stopped accelerating once it got into boost, pulled my foot off and tried again and it did it again. I presumed I'd wound the boost up too high (it was just past the end of the white) so I wound it back out a bit, still did it so I would it out a bit more (now pretty much back in the white). It was ok this morning but as I came out of work it did it three or four times on the trot, the only way I could get it to pull away was to take it easy till it was upto 20-30 then I could give it the beens.. any thoughts?, is it boost or a fueling problem?..

Dangerous Dave
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:16
You on a standard map?

Tomcat
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:16
Yup.

p fandango
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:17
boost cut i a REALLY REALLY sharp cut, almost throws you against the screen when it cuts the power. I know someone selling a cheap Walboro pump you could try just to see if it helps lol

M-R-P
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:19
You on a standard map?

When you took the hoses off the boost solenoid, you didn't take the electrical connection off it too did you? ;)

claymore
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:19
It's bound to be worse in the afternoon with the warmer temperature.

si850r
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:20
boost cut i a REALLY REALLY sharp cut, almost throws you against the screen when it cuts the power. I know someone selling a cheap Walboro pump you could try just to see if it helps lol

i can vouch for that.........nearly broke my nose cause i wernt wearing a belt at the time.....

Tomcat
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:24
Yup it's a very sharp cut. I did take the electrical connection off briefly but I didn't run the car like that, it's been back on since. Soooo, what's the fix?, get a remap? (sort of defeats the point of gettng the MBC doesn't it?)

claymore
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:26
You still can't run extra boost with an mbc, it just spools up quicker

Tomcat
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:29
As you can tell my experience of MBC's is limited to say the least so any and all help is greatly appreciated.

AndysR
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:30
Get a remap ;)

cherry1809
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:31
You can run both at the same time. Think I read standard cut is about 14psi, So off the white is well into it I'd have thought.

Yorkshiresxi
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:36
hmmm can i hijack this a little bit??
i also fitted a MBC at the weekend...and well impressed, mine will cut out but gently not sharply though...mine will only do it when cold really when warm its spot on...
but i have just fitted a t 5 r ecu tonight thats ment to be remapped by mij performance from walsall i believe, how can i actually tell it is remapped or not? as when i drive it its doesnt feel much quicker than before...i am waiting for a boost guage to come from t5lover and just got my 16T today, i am currently getting 0-60 times of 6.7, 6.8 ish...daft question..does that sound quick for a 280ish remapped ecu?
Thanks and sorry for the hijack

p fandango
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:40
i am currently getting 0-60 times of 6.7, 6.8 ish...daft question..does that sound quick for a 280ish remapped ecu?
Thanks and sorry for the hijack
book 0-60 is 7-7.1 seconds

claymore
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:45
on a remaped ecu the boost cut is much softer

Yorkshiresxi
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:49
if i open my ecu should i see a give away sign of a remap etc? o so the 0-60 times isnt bad then for a auto? will 16psi be safe for my car once i have the gauge then as i am currently just at the end of the white on the bar , but still in the white if that makes sence

si850r
Monday 1st August 2011, 20:51
got my hlm remap after i ( i mean duanne ) fitted my mbc......

Got rid of the boost cut no prob......just mind winding the mbc up tho........( mine hit 20 ) so I turned it down to 16....It sits there constant....