PDA

View Full Version : water in plug holes......non volvo

big shrek
Monday 1st August 2011, 19:10
right mrs shrek has just come back and her fiesta is running really badly,at first i thought it might be the coil pack breaking down-its got no power and is misfiring like a ****

i took the plugs out to find 2 and 4 wet with water,its not coolant as its clear and tasteless

any ideas how it could have got there? she swears blind she hasnt been fast thru any big puddles and we havent washed under the bonnet in any way shape or form

i know ive gotta replace the plugs but how do i get rid of the water?

big shrek
Monday 1st August 2011, 19:11
sorry should have said

car is a 03 plate 1.4 zetec

t5 stealth
Monday 1st August 2011, 19:24
yeah thats normal,
focus do it aswell,
i think the focus is cos the washer jet is above the plug holes and leaks into them,as ford are made so cheap now they dont have covers on the engine so its open to the elements etc,
you can modify the washer jet or joint (t piece) and or make up a plastic cover fo go over the plug holes,
see loads of them with this problem...
most cases its cured with fixing the t piece joint on the washers pipe.

M-R-P
Monday 1st August 2011, 19:26
this might be helpful...
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/3027-ford-fiesta-zetec-14-53-help/

t5 stealth
Monday 1st August 2011, 19:48
this might be helpful...
http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/3027-ford-fiesta-zetec-14-53-help/

dam im good lol

yorkiet52
Monday 1st August 2011, 19:48
My misses sister had the same thing on her focus 1.6, think it was a core plug leaking. Didn't cost much to get fixed

big shrek
Monday 1st August 2011, 21:02
cheers guys will inspect it 2moro

god your all good :)

wegal
Tuesday 2nd August 2011, 11:02
to get the water out of the bores take the plugs out and crank the engine over, then get a hair dryer or hot air gun and just dry them out. You cant hydrolic lock a petrol engine, not enough compression to do any damage. So you could just start it up and leave it running till its dry.

t5 stealth
Tuesday 2nd August 2011, 18:59
to get the water out of the bores take the plugs out and crank the engine over, then get a hair dryer or hot air gun and just dry them out. You cant hydrolic lock a petrol engine, not enough compression to do any damage. So you could just start it up and leave it running till its dry.

i dont think its gone in the cylinders ,
just in the cavity where the plugs sit,
DO NOT take the plugs out until you have cleared up the water etc.....
(if you take the plugs out).....

nobananas
Wednesday 3rd August 2011, 20:13
If it's coolant then then one (or both) of the allen key recessed screw in core plugs will have rotted through (they can be a swine to get out) if it's normal water then it's rain water/pressure washer ingress !