PDA

View Full Version : volvo

volvo340sleeper
Monday 1st August 2011, 15:38
just seen an E reg 240 glt in overall good condition didnt think any of them would still be running theses days

antz
Monday 1st August 2011, 15:46
How very wrong you are!

I bought a '88 245 GLT a few weeks ago with a measely 127k on the clock and I know my old '91 245 GL is still about up in Northallerton. Theres also another two 245's local to me. Theres a good few about and in regular service for many people, some are mint show cars and even a few use them for low cost drift racing.

Considering when Volvo built them they were built to last an average of 19 years of which the later ones are only just reaching compared to Ford and Vauxhall of the time who were churning out cars that were lucky to last 10 years.

Sadly the largest reason for a decline in 240s is Banger Racers who love them for the weight, safety and longetivity during a Banger Meeting.

volvo340sleeper
Monday 1st August 2011, 15:55
just never seen one round my neck of the woods, thers a few 940's but not in good condition

antz
Monday 1st August 2011, 16:13
Finding a mint one is rare but they are about! The GLT's being the cream of the crop arent exactly common either.

Oddly enough when I picked up my 240 from Ipswich and was driving back home I passed another 240 estate going the opposite way!

volvo340sleeper
Monday 1st August 2011, 16:21
the interior looked mint full black leather

volvo340sleeper
Monday 1st August 2011, 16:24
just looked on that site what tells you how many are left that are taxed and there is 540 still

local-looney
Sunday 27th November 2011, 22:24
How very wrong you are!

I bought a '88 245 GLT a few weeks ago with a measely 127k on the clock and I know my old '91 245 GL is still about up in Northallerton. Theres also another two 245's local to me. Theres a good few about and in regular service for many people, some are mint show cars and even a few use them for low cost drift racing.

Considering when Volvo built them they were built to last an average of 19 years of which the later ones are only just reaching compared to Ford and Vauxhall of the time who were churning out cars that were lucky to last 10 years.

Sadly the largest reason for a decline in 240s is Banger Racers who love them for the weight, safety and longetivity during a Banger Meeting.

how true....my local track in northampton fields loads of these now the mk2 granadas are thin on the ground...shame:nono: