PDA

View Full Version : 440 turbo

stevie69
Sunday 31st July 2011, 23:30
theres one on ebay.its 400 miles away and i want it how do you swing that?

martybelfastt5
Sunday 31st July 2011, 23:36
have it deliverd? by a haulage firm got a car from manchester to belfast for 200 quid bargin as it would have cost me at least double that and a day of my time!

stevie69
Sunday 31st July 2011, 23:39
ok.how did you organise that?thanks by the way..

stevie69
Thursday 4th August 2011, 18:51
so if i go for this 440 i can get it delivered for about £200.the guy just asked if i could do a bank transfer instead of paypal.is that dodgy or am i just paranoid??

t5_monkey
Thursday 4th August 2011, 18:54
ebay gives you a degree of protection... be careful with a bank transfer

james
Thursday 4th August 2011, 19:12
like t5 monkey says be wary of trading outside of ebay, if it was me and the car was road legal i would ring my insurance for cover and get the train and drive it home

p.s make sure there is a v5 document etc ;)

stevie69
Friday 5th August 2011, 22:25
so it ended at £225 reserve not met.he says he wants £600 or its getting scrapped.seems a shame.it was going to cost £300 to get it delivered which is to much.

Phil B
Friday 7th October 2011, 21:47
So he wants £600 or hes going to scrap it for about £100? that makes sense.

I just picked up a 440 turbo that was 330 miles away, if u can drive and have the time i would suggest doing what i did; get the train there and drive it back. That way you can also look at it first before you hand over the cash.
Cost me £40 for the train and about £60 in fuel on the way back. Plus £48 for 24hours worth of insurance if you dont wanna risk it.

T5frankie
Friday 7th October 2011, 22:06
So he wants £600 or hes going to scrap it for about £100? that makes sense.

I just picked up a 440 turbo that was 330 miles away, if u can drive and have the time i would suggest doing what i did; get the train there and drive it back. That way you can also look at it first before you hand over the cash.
Cost me £40 for the train and about £60 in fuel on the way back. Plus £48 for 24hours worth of insurance if you dont wanna risk it.

48 quid for a days insurance? i paid 25 for my rover turbo, but thats what i do buy the car book a train in advance usually 5 days or more to get a cheap ticket, get your covers in place and enjoy the drive home. is this the blue one 2 mins from my house?

dalhousie2008
Friday 7th October 2011, 22:36
Hi all trading on or off eBay, if your buying a car and paying by paypal there ate some things which are not covered, I think off the top of my head its

Custom made items.
Non physical items.
Tickets.
Motor vehicles.
Deposits / part payments. I.e I require a £100 deposit after auction ends, you would never get that back

So essentially if you brought a wrong un, you would have no come back via Paypal, plus sale of goods act does not cover private sellers.

I trade on eBay for my business and have found out the hard way several times but much more clues up now

Phil B
Saturday 8th October 2011, 08:37
48 quid for a days insurance? i paid 25 for my rover turbo, but thats what i do buy the car book a train in advance usually 5 days or more to get a cheap ticket, get your covers in place and enjoy the drive home. is this the blue one 2 mins from my house?

Im only 21 so i thought that wasnt too bad really, but yeah thats what i did, found the cheapest train i could about a week before i was due to pick it up then drive it home. although it did take 10 hours to get back instead of 5 because of a massive jam on the M6.

Mine is a blue one but at the moment its a non turbo and i live in north wales.

stevie69
Saturday 8th October 2011, 08:44
gave up on it and bought a bmw e46 325 sport instead just cos i fancied a change.not sure about it yet tho..

T5frankie
Saturday 8th October 2011, 09:47
gave up on it and bought a bmw e46 325 sport instead just cos i fancied a change.not sure about it yet tho..

not bad motors need at least a 3.0 litre though and with no turbo = boring (big towns lol)