PDA

View Full Version : T5 R ECU in to a T5

Yorkshiresxi
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:24
Hi all
Will a ecu out of a T5R Auto fit my T5 Auto or wont i know until i get it and check numbers?
I stupily bought a remapped ECU with paperwork with out even thinking if it will fit or not.
Please give me the answer i want to hear...

AndysR
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:31
Yes they are compatible with each other, if the car is standard fitting a T-5R ECU will give you the added bonus of the 30 second overboost which gave the T-5R the power advantage over the T5... ;)

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:33
It depends of the year of the car mate. There was a difference between the pre and post 95 models if I remember correctly.

There are a few auto ECU's that do fit every 850 however.

claymore
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:34
as long as your car isn't a 96 model

EDIT: beat me to it Emlyn

Jamest5r
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:35
Check the number's from here........http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk/ttusb-compatible.htm

AndysR
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:35
It depends of the year of the car mate. There was a difference between the pre and post 95 models if I remember correctly.

That's a good point, well done! They went from OBDI to OBDII on post 95 models which did include some of the later T-5R's

Check here using the part number of your ecu to be 100%

http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk/ttusb-compatible.htm

Jamest5r
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:42
That's a good point, well done! They went from OBDI to OBDII on post 95 models which did include some of the later T-5R's

Check here using the part number of your ecu to be 100%

http://www.turbo-tuner.co.uk/ttusb-compatible.htm

Beat ya to it lol :haha:

AndysR
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:45
Beat ya to it lol :haha:

Bugger! I wrote more so started before you ;)

Yorkshiresxi
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:55
hmmm guess i will find out when it comes and i plug it in or see the numbers then...if not it will be for sale on here.lol
I am guessing there just plug and play?

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 21:02
hmmm guess i will find out when it comes and i plug it in or see the numbers then...if not it will be for sale on here.lol
I am guessing there just plug and play?

Yes mate 5 minute job to swap them over.

merc85
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 21:03
As above, my obd2 Auto remaped ecu works perfectly in my obd 1 Manual 855 t5

Yorkshiresxi
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 21:40
o well i am unsure of the year of his car yet but mines a 074 ecu and its a 1995 car theres only one way to find out for sure!
Thanks chaps..
o i have read quickly on here that some of you dont recommend a mbc with a remapped ecu..is this correct>??
the ecu was remapped but mij performance i think in walsall and is a 280 map thats all i know at the moment
so i am starting to think with my 16t turbo, the new ecu (hopefully) and modified air intake that i should leave the rest as is..
o and one more thing..intresting read of your 1/4 mile times..exhausts..if you look at the times it makes me think that £460 for a custom turbo back exhaust for what seams like half a second for some of you guys i worth less..may as well bank the 460 and wait for the engine or box to go bang!
I do want the noise but by the results of the quarter mile its not worth the cost

james
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 22:29
apart from the cat my car has its origional exhaust on and is still working well(bar the rear rotted bracket ive replaced) , i'll be buying a stainless cat back system not just for the noise for the fact it will last until the car is a pile of rust , then i'll sell the exhaust ;)

Jamest5r
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 22:41
o well i am unsure of the year of his car yet but mines a 074 ecu and its a 1995 car theres only one way to find out for sure!
Thanks chaps..
o i have read quickly on here that some of you dont recommend a mbc with a remapped ecu..is this correct>??
the ecu was remapped but mij performance i think in walsall and is a 280 map thats all i know at the moment
so i am starting to think with my 16t turbo, the new ecu (hopefully) and modified air intake that i should leave the rest as is..
o and one more thing..intresting read of your 1/4 mile times..exhausts..if you look at the times it makes me think that £460 for a custom turbo back exhaust for what seams like half a second for some of you guys i worth less..may as well bank the 460 and wait for the engine or box to go bang!
I do want the noise but by the results of the quarter mile its not worth the cost

If you think a cat-back will gain you 1/2 a sec on the 1/4 mile you are mistaken mate, 1/2 a sec is a massive gap on the 1/4 mile in volvo terms lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 23:20
just as a matter of interest, could my car have been subject to the same sort of ecu swap? according to my local stealer, and the plod service sheet it has had something done to give it overboost???

Yorkshiresxi
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 09:14
Just had a message from him, he said it was a late 1995 model so hopefully it will be no problems,
as for 1/2 second...i know what you mean..but 99% of the time my car will be taking me to and from work and the other 1% were it might be on a strip or track i would just bugger it up anyway..lol
saying all this, no doubt i will end up buying one anyway or just knocking the cat out to be safe.
Peachy...yeah or maybe a chip/remap to make it overboost for a few seconds

T5frankie
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 09:33
Thanks chaps..

a full exhaust including decat will give you a few tenths on the quarter mile and i speak from experience