PDA

View Full Version : My ICE

Niles
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 16:43
Never thought o do this but....

JVC head unit, haven't a clue what model but Great sound & got front, rear and sub output @4V's.

Front doors, infinity 5012i
rear doors, infinity 5012i
Dash, Infinity component tweeters
Rear Pillars, Infinity component tweeters.
Boot floor (estate) Infinity 9133 6x9's
Active vibe 10" Sub.
1 2,3,or 4 channel JVC amp @ 55 rms x 4 or 125rms x 2. Set to 2 to drive the 6x9's
1 sony 4 channel amp driving doors & tweeters.

Have so say...It rocks!!!

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 16:58
Pictures Niles? Come on your slacking mate!!!

volvo
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 17:43
yeah lets see the quality of the workmanship......haha!!

Sounds like good compnents so im sure it sounds good....will have to have a demo!

AndysR
Tuesday 26th July 2011, 20:52

Shall we sort it for him ;)

http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc353/Saharaphotobucket/ipodoncar.jpg

Halford's trade card took a wacking.... :)

Niles
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 20:13
No pictures but if I really have to I'll show you, my wiring skills seem to bugger off when I'm in a major hurry. lol. Wires all over the shop & 50p says someone will come along and tell me to tidy it up as its causing magnetic coils bebskid interface elecojiggle.

Niles
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 20:14
demo'd :band:

yeah lets see the quality of the workmanship......haha!!

Sounds like good compnents so im sure it sounds good....will have to have a demo!

AndysR
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 20:15
No pictures but if I really have to I'll show you, my wiring skills seem to bugger off when I'm in a major hurry. lol. Wires all over the shop & 50p says someone will come along and tell me to tidy it up as its causing magnetic coils bebskid interface elecojiggle.

Any advance on 50p?

Niles
Thursday 28th July 2011, 10:14
Any advance on 50p?

57p.

p fandango
Thursday 28th July 2011, 10:17
Wires all over the shop & 50p says someone will come along and tell me to tidy it up as its causing magnetic coils bebskid interface elecojiggle.
so i'm guessing you haven't ran the signal wires seperate to the power cables, amateurs lol

& answer your bloody phone lol

wegal
Thursday 28th July 2011, 13:51
12volt.. minimum amps... minimal leakage. Very low chance of cross talk. Most interference in cars comes from the EMF created by the alternator. But they are pretty well supressed now.

If you think about it.. keeping power cables away from speaker cables in a car set up is extremely difficult, but the low power consuption of most ICE renders it irrelavant. Unless youve gone super silly and your headlights dim everytime the bass speakers work !

On top of that the audio enviroment in a car is crap, even when stationary, when on the move the road / wind / engine / squeeks and rattles noises will hide any minor distortion that you MIGHT get from cross talk. I never understand why people spend more on a car sterio than they do on a home setup where you can tune your speakers to the room that they are in.

My home system is AWESOME.. but even if i could get my car to power it, it would still sound crap in a car enviroment.

Just my thoughts.. but then I have the volvo premium sound system that cost more than my home setup... so im also a bloody hypocite !

p fandango
Thursday 28th July 2011, 14:05
12volt.. minimum amps... minimal leakage. Very low chance of cross talk. Most interference in cars comes from the EMF created by the alternator. But they are pretty well supressed now.

If you think about it.. keeping power cables away from speaker cables in a car set up is extremely difficult, but the low power consuption of most ICE renders it irrelavant. Unless youve gone super silly and your headlights dim everytime the bass speakers work !

On top of that the audio enviroment in a car is crap, even when stationary, when on the move the road / wind / engine / squeeks and rattles noises will hide any minor distortion that you MIGHT get from cross talk. I never understand why people spend more on a car sterio than they do on a home setup where you can tune your speakers to the room that they are in.

My home system is AWESOME.. but even if i could get my car to power it, it would still sound crap in a car enviroment.

Just my thoughts.. but then I have the volvo premium sound system that cost more than my home setup... so im also a bloody hypocite !
i never had problems with the lights dimming, but i ran 2 batteries. I prefer a decent car stereo because you can have it as loud as you want without affecting anyone else

wegal
Thursday 28th July 2011, 15:56
I live in a 300 year old farm house with walls 4 ft thick I can play it as loud as I want mwhaaaaaaa

Haizum74
Saturday 30th July 2011, 15:08
I live in a 300 year old farm house with walls 4 ft thick I can play it as loud as I want mwhaaaaaaa

Lucky bugger, cant even set mine up fully, bloody terraced houses.

philt6
Saturday 30th July 2011, 15:13
Lucky bugger, cant even set mine up fully, bloody terraced houses.

You and me both