PDA

View Full Version : Wallbro Fuel Pump

officerbrooks
Sunday 24th July 2011, 18:35
Could anyone shed light on why a new Wallbro pump fitted Feb 2011 should fail by May 2011 and its warranty replacement fail again now, is there a common cause of faults with these. Any but any ideas please?

siamblue
Monday 25th July 2011, 13:10
I am not saying yours is a copy, but there are a lot of Chinese pumps marked up as Walbro, all i can say to other people buy from a registered reputable dealer.

I bought mine from Motorsport direct and they stated they have sold 3000 and not many fail,
Alan M bought a Chinese copy( he didn't know at the time) and he said it looked exactly like the Walbro, even Walbro stated you can only tell when they are opened up as the copies have plastic gearing and the Walbro metal gears the way they are marked up are the same in font.

HTH Gary.

officerbrooks
Monday 25th July 2011, 20:35
Thanks, being replaced under Walbro warranty hopefully better luck with the third in 6 months!

AndysR
Monday 25th July 2011, 20:37
Damn, that's not good. These are a very common aftermarket replacement and we fit alot to the higher powered Mitsubishi Evo's. From memory I've had to replace two pumps under warranty due to failure the rest have been fine.