PDA

View Full Version : Pcv on v70 t5

yorkiet52
Sunday 24th July 2011, 09:37
Hi

Just replaced the pcv system yesterday, thanks to rufe for the kit. Had a bit of a moment when i tried to start the car for the first time, it wouldn't idle and was popping, i thought i'd broken it big time, but it turned out that id missed a pipe on the bottom of the throttle body that was sucking in air. Put this back on and all happy days.

Went for a drive and pulled the dip stick no more smoke, yeah! Time for a chip me thinks.

Heres a pic of it stripped down

http://i742.photobucket.com/albums/xx69/pwardy5555/Volvo%20V70%20t5/Pcv.jpg

saffronman
Sunday 24th July 2011, 14:50
You've sure been busy bringing that car up to scratch, looks mighty fine. Quite a straight foward job once you've finished aint it, I done mine about a month ago. I ordered my ferrita cat back and hlm map this week, I can't wait to put them on!

yorkiet52
Sunday 24th July 2011, 17:39
Thanks for that, yes it's not too bad yer job. Are you just sending your ecu off to hlm ? Who are you the cat back from ?

saffronman
Sunday 24th July 2011, 22:36
Re: the ecu, I bought one off them over the phone it came to £262 inc p&p and £100 surcharge, when I've installed it in my car, hamish said leave it for a few days to make sure its all ok then send the old one back to him and he refunds the surcharge. Give them a ring, they were really great with me, explaining all sorts and gave me loads of advice. Hamish and Nat seem really sound.
The exhaust I got from Kalmar union £360 inc p&p, I was gonna get an exhaust just yet but the tail pipe was almost hanging off.
I've just replaced both the upper engine mount bushes, not sure if I like the difference, there's a lot of vibration in the cabin, I think I may remove the bulk head bush and refit a standard Volvo one, leaving just the purple poly bush on the engine

yorkiet52
Monday 25th July 2011, 22:08
Will have to give hlm a ring they do sound good. Im surprised at the top mount it was something i was thinking about but from what you have said it's put me off.