PDA

View Full Version : Help cant open bonnet

shepbomb
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 16:24
hi all,
i really hope somebody can help as i have spent all day trying to get my bonnet open, the bonnet release cable has snapped in the engine bay, I can open the release on the passenger side but cannot get to the release on the drivers side, i have been underneath the car, smashed my grill off and now i am all out of ideas....
all help would be greatly appreciated

Vikingxl
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 16:38
There is a way to do this but i cant remember im sure someone will be along soon enough with the answer

shepbomb
Sunday 24th July 2011, 15:36
I found the way, after a full day at it, I called the rac on the offchance, and in less than gen minutes he had it open.

SAMXPJ
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 00:52
Are you going to tell us all how he done it - any one of us might need the info one day !

shepbomb
Wednesday 27th July 2011, 19:43
yeah, id already released the passenger side latch from the passenger side, so he placed two bits of cardboard between my drivers side light and bonnet, and put a crowbar up the gap to give him a bit more room, he then used one of his strong flexible metal bars and shaped it to push the catch that your bonnet release cable hooks onto, i will try and post a guide this weekend with photos.