PDA

View Full Version : turbo to manifold gasket

james
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 12:49
hello all does anybody have a part number for the turbo to mani gasket?

i know the 850 dosnt use a gasket until the v70 but i want to put one on for peace of mind when i change the full turbo unit and exhaust manifold

ive tried to order a gasket using jamest5r's reg plate but my local volvo dealership says the reg dosnt work out and they need a chassis number , surely somebody at volvo should know that the gaskets were added to later vehicles? i think they just cant be bothered to find out for me lol

thanks james

claymore
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 14:30
I'm not using one

deathrider311271
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 15:49
my P1 V70 turbo doesnt have one either and according to Volvo and Vadis its a dry fit.

p fandango
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 15:55
hello all does anybody have a part number for the turbo to mani gasket?
i'm sure i had one fitted, but i've got 2 gaskets listed on the same receipt so list both. Give the dealer both numbers & see what the look like

V00271802 Gasket Kit £13.60, i think this is the 5 between manifold & block
V08642450 N/stock Gasket £1.75

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 16:34
just ring the dealer and tell them what you want but say its for a v70 t5

james
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:12
cheers for the replies

ive asked the dealers for a turbo to mani gasket for a v70t5 but they insist on a reg number or a chassis number lol

p fandango
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:15
ive asked the dealers for a turbo to mani gasket for a v70t5 but they insist on a reg number or a chassis number lol
don't you just love them some times. I had a dealer try & convince me the R lip is an add-on & bolts onto the bottom of a normal T-5 bumper. What i ended up doing was phoning a dealer further away, describing what it was & getting the part number from them, then went back to my local dealer & just told them to order that

sure one of the part numbers i listed is the right one

james
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:22
cheers for the part numbers pedro :) . i know now when i go in to the dealers near me when i ask them to look for the part theyre going to be peeved off with having to look for me...i never had this problem with the toyota dealerships = i used to go in and buy odd bolts and fixings amongst large parts and they was very helpful while volvo seem to not have the time to do anything??

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:26
just quote the reg off any v70 t5 you see on ebay just to get the part

p fandango
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:28
cheers for the part numbers pedro :) . i know now when i go in to the dealers near me when i ask them to look for the part theyre going to be peeved off with having to look for me...i never had this problem with the toyota dealerships = i used to go in and buy odd bolts and fixings amongst large parts and they was very helpful while volvo seem to not have the time to do anything??
my main stealers learnt what i'm like now, the receptionist greets me with "you after the parts department". The parts people then ask "what model you after this time" & let me into the workshop so i can see the computer & help them out find the bits i'm after lol. They gave up asking for reg plates because 9times out of 10 Volvo didn't intend it for that car anyway lol

james
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:28
just quote the reg off any v70 t5 you see on ebay just to get the part

ok m8 , 18t turbo fitting is delayed now ive decided to replace the exhaust manifold aswel for an me7 , should be here next week :)

p fandango
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:30
18t turbo fitting is delayed now ive decided to replace the exhaust manifold aswel for an me7 , should be here next week :)
good idea, might as well do the 2 jobs at once. I'd enlarge the top port of the turbo a bit while its off

james
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:32
my main stealers learnt what i'm like now, the receptionist greets me with "you after the parts department". The parts people then ask "what model you after this time" & let me into the workshop so i can see the computer & help them out find the bits i'm after lol. They gave up asking for reg plates because 9times out of 10 Volvo didn't intend it for that car anyway lol

i know what you mean , there is one helpful guy at my local dealers but he hardly seems to be there but when he is he always gives me the sheet where he gets the drawing off and asks me how the car is going

james
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:33
good idea, might as well do the 2 jobs at once. I'd enlarge the top port of the turbo a bit while its off

yeah ive been looking into this ive got a set of snap on carbide burrs ive never used that cost me god knows how much so am looking forward to it :)

p fandango
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:37
yeah ive been looking into this ive got a set of snap on carbide burrs ive never used that cost me god knows how much so am looking forward to it :)
i think you'd be better off with a flap sander for the ports, give alot more accurate circle because of the larger surface area. Thats what i used to enlarge the manifold port when i fitted the 960 throttle body, even tho its sandpaper it lasted well & went thru the metal quite quick & cleanly. Cost me £8 from the local car shop

http://www.timbecon.com.au/assets/images/products/lfss-060.jpg

james
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:41
i think you'd be better off with a flap sander for the ports, give alot more accurate circle because of the larger surface area. Thats what i used to enlarge the manifold port when i fitted the 960 throttle body, even tho its sandpaper it lasted well & went thru the metal quite quick & cleanly. Cost me £8 from the local car shop

http://www.timbecon.com.au/assets/images/products/lfss-060.jpg

cheers for the tip i realise now that the carbide bit will probably chavel and nibble etc , cheers pedro ;)

p fandango
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:42
cheers for the tip i realise now that the carbide bit will probably chavel and nibble etc , cheers pedro ;)
no problem sir

Al115
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 21:45

That's almost exactly the same relationship I have with my local stealer as well! Except that I've got the direct line for parts now... :)