PDA

View Full Version : 850 t5 tuning.

volvot5lisa
Thursday 21st July 2011, 20:45
big thanks to everyone out there who shared there wisdom with me. after some superb advice i have saved over £200 on a superchip. was quoted £365 by racemodz in M,cr but got a price of £150 for a better remap than the superchips chip bh HLM in bromsgrove. spoke to them today and found Hamish ? to be very helpfull indeed. gave up on ADS in preston (rica agent) is this place still open ? had no reply to my e,mails and nobody answers the phone ! Unfortunately my lambda warning light came on last week ( car running fine but ticking over at 1000 rpm and seems to be down on power) so tuning will have to wait till this gets sorted and the Mrs has had her 3 weeks in sunny spain. also found jt exhaust website after being quoted £450 for a jetex so i know where i,ll be going for that. any advice on air filters . panel or induction kit . k,n pipercross etc etc. cheers.

merc85
Thursday 21st July 2011, 21:19
As above found them very friendly and helpfull, Rapid postal of my ecu, and rapid refund for the exchange unit.

definatly be back again.

AndysR
Thursday 21st July 2011, 22:46
Good to hear you've decided on what route your taking, shame it was delayed by the lambda light. Fingers crossed it's nothing difficult to trace although if it's down on power it could be down to something as simple as a vac leak.

I have a JT exhaust on mine and I love the sound and would highly recommend them, product quality and customer service is very good indeed.

Air filter wise it's probably more about personal preference than efficiency. Personally I like the added sound of an induction kit, I did have a panel filter fitted previously. I did feel as if there was a slightly better spool up time for the turbo with the induction kit fitted but that could have been down to the added sound. Alot will argue that the induction kit will drag in hot air from the engine compartment, which it will at slow speeds or when stationary but I would have thought at faster speeds it's probably not relevant at the stage 1 tuning level. So i'd say go with what you prefer.