PDA

View Full Version : What to do next?

V70 paul
Tuesday 19th July 2011, 15:21
Hi all. I'v got a p1 v70 t5. So far its had a side exit and de-cat, induction kit, mbc with boost at 17psi and a remap. At the moment it's at 302bhp and 381lb/ft torque.

My question is, whats the next few steps? Is it best to strengthen a few things then go for power again? Whats the list for more power? Turbo, injectors, intercooler etc?

Cheers for any advice

Paul

smithy
Tuesday 19th July 2011, 20:22
all depends how deep your pockets are mate but a diff would be my first mod

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 19th July 2011, 20:27
A diff will certainly aid you in putting the power to the ground.

I am not too familiar with the later series engine reliability in terms of performance and tuning. I know Wegal has an extremely powerful T5 S60 (around 350bhp if I remember correctly).

As smithy says its depandant on pocket depth, if money allows forged engine internals are always a favourable idea, after which you can put a hell of a lot of power through the engine with little worry.

Unltimately however much over 350bhp in a front wheel drive car is pretty pointless as the power to road transfer wont exist.

T5frankie
Tuesday 19th July 2011, 20:36
A diff will certainly aid you in putting the power to the ground.

I am not too familiar with the later series engine reliability in terms of performance and tuning. I know Wegal has an extremely powerful T5 S60 (around 350bhp if I remember correctly).

As smithy says its depandant on pocket depth, if money allows forged engine internals are always a favourable idea, after which you can put a hell of a lot of power through the engine with little worry.

Unltimately however much over 350bhp in a front wheel drive car is pretty pointless as the power to road transfer wont exist.

lol he has a phase 1 v70 emlyn

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 19th July 2011, 20:42
lol he has a phase 1 v70 emlyn

Jesus I am loosing the plot Frankie, I was sure I read that it was a phase two.

I must be due another beer or something, sugar levels running low perhaps? lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 19th July 2011, 20:45
losing or loosing lol

The Flying Moose
Tuesday 19th July 2011, 21:10
losing or loosing lol

I could swear at the point but instead I am going to go for an Angry drive to Tesco's... I have run out of beer and there is nothing on the TV.