PDA

View Full Version : help! i need 10mm spacers!

blackc70310bhp
Saturday 16th July 2011, 22:02
hey there, i put new tyres on my c70 the wheels are nebulas tyres are 225/40/18 now they rub bad on inner arches not too bad on steering but under braking i think the tyre touches the arch and the whole car vibrates, not good!
i really need some spacers atleast 10mm i think with the correct hub size of 65mm i think and longer wheel nuts would be good too!

if anyone can help please let me know soon, also i see they sell certain types on ebay but the prices seem to be sky high!
thanks v much
luke!

Tomcat
Saturday 16th July 2011, 22:45
Speak to Don at Kalmar Union, he sells spacers and longer wheel studs. If you change to a smaller profile tyre it should help, try a 35 profile.

blackc70310bhp
Saturday 16th July 2011, 23:15
cool ill try kalmar union,
i also wondered if everyone has trouble going to an 18" wheel on a v/s or c70?

Tomcat
Saturday 16th July 2011, 23:28
I've got 18's on my 850 with 40 profiles tyres and I've also got major rub, I'm going to switch to C70 Steering stops, this will knacker up the turning circle but may help avoid rubbing through the inner wing,lol. I would switch to a smaller profile tyre but money's a little tight at the moment so cheaper options will have to be explored first.

blackc70310bhp
Sunday 17th July 2011, 15:43
im in the same position! the new avons on the front cost £190! and of course cos theyve got 10mm tread over the old worn out falkens its highlighted new rubbing problems,
do you also get an occasional bad rubbing and vibration through the car when you brake?!
i do but only sometimes, my discs and pads all round are genuine volvo and only a year old, theres tons of meat left on the pads so ive ruled that out,

i can only assume its where the car is 40mm lower with those 18's plus new tyres as the nose squats when i brake the tyres sometimes contact,

finally for some reason the passenger inner arch is worse that the drivers,
on the passenger at the front inner the plastic liner has gone right through and exposed metal in a small heart shape! very odd!