PDA

View Full Version : Making a Me7 manifold flush

Mongo
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:16
Hi all i have my new me7 manifold and i need to make the housing flush (get rid of the lip) has anybody done this themselves if so how? I no they sell an adapter plate but id rather make it flush i have tungsten carbide burr tools but im guessing that the face has got to be 100% flat or would i get away with it just knoking that edge off?

Volvostorm
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:18
I had, but I got my local machine shop to do it.

AndysR
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:23
I'd say it was best to get along to an engineering company to get the job 100% after all you don't want to be removing it after going to the trouble of fitting it, especially after having fitted a new gasket, to find it's blowing because it's not straight. I'd have thought an engineering company wouldn't want much more than £30-£50 to machine it flat if not less.

claymore
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:29
what's the reason for making it flush?

Alan M
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:29
As above machine it flat. I did mine to use with my other turbo and milled a slight more angle to aid with bay clearance.

Mongo
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:42
Ok thanks all i try a local engineer then i was tempted to have a go but might ruin it the adapter is good but i need the obd t3 adapter + a t3 - t25 and it leaves it to tight on the manifold bolt thread so minus the t3 adapter it fits.