is it external or internal?

thankyou please

AndysR
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:02
Internal

big shrek
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:07
Internal

cheers,how would i blank off the ports not being used when i install a manual boost controller

AndysR
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:33
Ports not being used? You have a nipple connection with a vac pipe coming off it on the compressor housing and a nipple connection with a vac pipe coming off it on the actuator. Both of which you will need for the MBC, the feed from the compressor is the pressure that would be supplied to the actuator, the MBC restricts this feed to prevent the actuator from opening so it runs more boost.
You have another pressure release from the BCS but you can blank that off at source if you want. That said I am not sure how it affects the operation of the BCS, I have never personally fitted an MBC and had better leave the explaination of plumbing it in to a member experienced in that...
My personal feeling is if you want the car to run more boost and go faster then chip it and keep the existing boost control setup/BCS for better protection but that's just my opinion and many run MBC's with good results..

p fandango
Wednesday 13th July 2011, 08:02
how would i blank off the ports not being used when i install a manual boost controller
take the BCS (boost control solenoid) which is bolted to the airbox & follow the pipes to see where they go.

The pipe from the intake side of the turbo goes to the inlet of the MBC,
the pipe to the actuator (disappears under the heat shield) goes to the outlet of the MBC
& the remaining pipe going back to the air intake pipe you block up
the BCS should now have no pipes on it, you will need to leave the wiring plugged in to keep the ECU happy