PDA

View Full Version : Radio wiring.

siamblue
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 14:29
Hi Guys, well i tried to put a relay in the car today and i still couldn't get it to work with the Evc, I used the Yellow and Black wire on the 10 pin plug from the rear of the head unit.
After hours of trying to do it, i noticed the Bl/Y wire was perm live and not switched for some reason, so i had a blonde moment and swap the Y/Bl for the Y/Purple 14 pin conn and not sure what happened but i think i have blown the head unit the fuse blew in the engine bay, but now the headunit won't turn on, Do the headunits have a internal fuse?

Does anyone know i what might have done? and where can i get another switched live from in the car for the relay?

Gary

Al115
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 14:58
What head unit is it?

siamblue
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 15:07
SC 900 Al, on the left plug it only had one wire going to it, which i thought was the correct one as the colouring.

Gary

Al115
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 15:12
Did you already check all the possible fuses, including the "non-obvious" ones, to see why the head unit might be unhappy?

siamblue
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 16:25
I checked the amp fuse and the radio and cd fuse, the amp and the radio fuse was blown so i replaced those these were bayonet fuses, the Red light blinks but it doesn't switch on..
The car is getting repaired now, so i won't be able to investigate until Monday now..

Gary.