Tuesday 12th July 2011, 05:48
I have a larger video on my phone but it was too big to upload to youtube

claymore
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 07:39
I have a larger video on my phone but it was too big to upload to youtube

any more bits of mine on it?

lance
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 09:40
A load of us all did the Notts cruise circuit about 6 years ago frightning Chavs thinking that a load of unmarked Police had arrived

T5frankie
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 11:13
any more bits of mine on it?

THink so

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 13:31
looks great that c70 is nice on the roll...

wegal
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 14:40
Without sounding like a total stick in the mud......

Who was filming ? I really hope it was the passenger, but if it was he / she must have been sitting on the drivers knee.

You are also tailgating the volvo in front.....

You might wanna take that vid off U-tube mate, its kinda self incriminating if the plod find it, and yes they do look !

They'd have no probs sticking you with due care as a minimum !

Would be great to get say 30 or 40 of us together and go for a spin down a motorway to some where fun :-)

Al115
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 15:08
I'm with Wegal on this one boys.

You've got a video up on Youtube (tagged with the club name) that shows some pretty shocking driving. Tailgating, lane hogging, and undertaking, and that's before thinking about who's filming.

How on earth is that a good idea?

If I was still a mod I'd have have deleted it from this thread already!

merc85
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 15:44
I've gotta be honest I Really don't think the following car is that close to the One in front, obviously i dont know what speed you are all traveling at, doesn't look that quick.

claymore
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 15:47
I've gotta be honest I Really don't think the following car is that close to the One in front, obviously i dont know what speed you are all traveling at, doesn't look that quick.

Wobbly was leading, and didn't go over 65mph, which is why everyone was passing us.

Al115
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 15:57
Yep, didn't look particularly fast, but there's no way there's anything like a braking distance in some of that footage...

Jamest5r
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 16:01
The full video is in the meet section it was taken on the way back from York, mine is the Saffy at the front which was on cruise control set at 70 which is fast for me as i spend my whole life at 55, there were no illegal antics from any of us apart from whoever was filming, but i agree with the above as to not making it public on utube.

Al115
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 16:03
Cool and I am not trying to score any points or anything, just make sure that none of us gets any unwanted attention. :)

merc85
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 16:11
Can only see 1.48 of footage, also with regards of the braking distance, The cars all know where each other are going, And i guess someone could also be running uprated brakes?? i dunno. Seem's ok to me other than the "camera person", unless it's some1 in the back of said car behind the driver.

But i'm not a Qualifide Traffic Officer, or Driving instructor or a Advanced driver so it's only a personal opinion.

Justin
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 16:24
Chaps, the whole driving vids on youtube thing is a huge minefield.
In some people opinion they are doing nothing wrong, in the eyes of the law it can quickly be established that you are. I am going to remove the video now.
If i were you, i would pull that footage from youtube immediately.

Hate to be a kill joy but there have been too many people prosecuted for less :(

claymore
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 16:32
from what I remember, the camera was on a suction mount on the screen, which is why it was in and out of focus at the start as frank's misses was setting it up, you can see at 1:29 where the camera is moved a bit to the right to catch me passing.

EDIT: Doh, Justin beat me to it, now my post will make no sense....lol

T5frankie
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 16:51
how can cruising at 60 mph be called dangerous? this must be one of the most gentle cruises on youtube, there was no dodgy driving at all, i usually drive alot quicker, the camera was on a holder. Some of you lot can be right old farts (hence the volvo reputation) get yourself on voc ffs numpties

Al115
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 17:22
Did anyone say it was dangerous? Nope. Just that it was a liability to have footage like that up on Youtube.

T5frankie
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 17:37
Did anyone say it was dangerous? Nope. Just that it was a liability to have footage like that up on Youtube.

no it aint, have you seen the dangerous stuff on youtube, the four of us were driving very well and like grandads on the way back from york yet still there are moany old duffers on here that feel the need to moan about anything

Al115
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 17:43
First time I've thought of myself as an old duffer... I'm strangely proud of that :)

Let's just leave it there, it's nothing on my side beyond wanting to keep our members/club out of any possible trouble.

p fandango
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 18:02
First time I've thought of myself as an old duffer.
i've just woke up from a nice afternoon nap so he could be right lol

t5 pete
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:28
can people please refrain from name calling everyone is more than welcome to express there oppinions

AndysR
Tuesday 12th July 2011, 22:45
i've just woke up from a nice afternoon nap so he could be right lol

Was it the fact that you had wet yourself that caused you to wake?

T5frankie
Wednesday 13th July 2011, 05:40
can people please refrain from name calling everyone is more than welcome to express there oppinions

NO one has directly been called anything Pete

p fandango
Wednesday 13th July 2011, 06:32
Was it the fact that you had wet yourself that caused you to wake?
my teeth fell out while snoring & woke me

t5 pete
Thursday 14th July 2011, 15:27
NO one has directly been called anything Pete

frank if you read my post propley I do not state that any one has Directly been name calling but asked for the name calling to stop as you have in ur eairler posts insinuated that some of our members are old farts and moany old duffers which is not needed

T5frankie
Thursday 14th July 2011, 15:56
frank if you read my post propley I do not state that any one has Directly been name calling but asked for the name calling to stop as you have in ur eairler posts insinuated that some of our members are old farts and moany old duffers which is not needed

this thread was dying yesterday lol and should have been left to pete.

t5 pete
Thursday 14th July 2011, 16:12
That's up to me and the other mods to decide I never stated your name or any one else's in my original post, its you who has posted back up after not reading my post correctly.
If you feel this thread should have been left alone why did you post up with incorrect info, what you possibly should have done was take it as abit of advice and leave it at that.

Tomcat
Thursday 14th July 2011, 16:41
Think this thread no longer serves any useful purpose...