PDA

View Full Version : 19T Turbo on MBC

crezzy2k1
Sunday 10th July 2011, 23:08
Hi everyone

I've got a 19t turbo coming in a few days. Would i cause major damage to the engine/transmission if i fitted it on its own without an MBC? I only ask the question so i can put it on before the MBC arrives.

I currently have the HLM 304 map and its fantastic with the 16T. If i put the 19T in and reduce the boost with an MBC would this be safe for the engine? I know both the engine and transmission won't be pleased if i get this wrong!

Sorry if that's a little confusing but i don't want to wreck the car!

p fandango
Sunday 10th July 2011, 23:14
are you getting the 19t actuator with it?

i was using mine just at the 19t actuator's 10psi, bypassing the BCS altogether

LiamT4
Sunday 10th July 2011, 23:16
Hi everyone

I've got a 19t turbo coming in a few days. Would i cause major damage to the engine/transmission if i fitted it on its own without an MBC? I only ask the question so i can put it on before the MBC arrives.

I currently have the HLM 304 map and its fantastic with the 16T. If i put the 19T in and reduce the boost with an MBC would this be safe for the engine? I know both the engine and transmission won't be pleased if i get this wrong!

Sorry if that's a little confusing but i don't want to wreck the car!

All i'll say, is i may be doing the same soon, so i'll let you test it out!

I would fit it with an mbc/ebc, so you could keep the boost down untill its got the correct injectors and map to go with the turbo.

crezzy2k1
Sunday 10th July 2011, 23:26
are you getting the 19t actuator with it?

i was using mine just at the 19t actuator's 10psi, bypassing the BCS altogether

Hopefully it does. If not i think i'll try ans source a forge actuator for it.

Might well go for that setup initially.

crezzy2k1
Sunday 10th July 2011, 23:27
All i'll say, is i may be doing the same soon, so i'll let you test it out!

I would fit it with an mbc/ebc, so you could keep the boost down untill its got the correct injectors and map to go with the turbo.

lol yeah i'll give it a go see what happens, can't see it going all pear shaped as long as the boost is way down and i don't floor it!

LiamT4
Sunday 10th July 2011, 23:32
lol yeah i'll give it a go see what happens, can't see it going all pear shaped as long as the boost is way down and i don't floor it!

Yours will probably last longer than mine then, i'll just forget sometime and nail it at 30mph, it'll kick down into 1st on full boost and it'll be bye bye gearbox (and probably conrods). lol

T5frankie
Monday 11th July 2011, 06:05
YOu lot going on like a 19t is a massive turbo lol it ain't much bigger than a 16t James had 289 bhp out of his 16t a 19t will only give you about 20 bhp extra, I run mine with my old map with no problems at all.

p fandango
Monday 11th July 2011, 06:48
I run mine with my old map with no problems at all.
perhaps you need a fresh map to get the most out of it :wink:

don't think i've ever drove a 16t car hard, but replacing BT's 15g with a 19t produced loads more lag & almost went back to the original turbo. Thought we've had a few 19t's to around 350bhp

crezzy2k1
Monday 11th July 2011, 08:46
YOu lot going on like a 19t is a massive turbo lol it ain't much bigger than a 16t James had 289 bhp out of his 16t a 19t will only give you about 20 bhp extra, I run mine with my old map with no problems at all.

Lol I know it's not much bigger! But when you've got one it must be installed! I'm still in two minds though I don't want any rods bending or the transmission deciding not to play!

crezzy2k1
Monday 11th July 2011, 08:51

don't think i've ever drove a 16t car hard, but replacing BT's 15g with a 19t produced loads more lag & almost went back to the original turbo. Thought we've had a few 19t's to around 350bhp

I'm after about 280-300bhp from mine anymore and the transmission will probably give up! But everyone on here knows that once you start tuning these things you can't stop!

T5frankie
Monday 11th July 2011, 15:19
I'm after about 280-300bhp from mine anymore and the transmission will probably give up! But everyone on here knows that once you start tuning these things you can't stop!

put a 19t on and the exhaust whack it up to 18psi thats you target done mate

T5frankie
Monday 11th July 2011, 15:19

a 16t is much better than a 15g, ive got to get a new map as running greens now

crezzy2k1
Monday 11th July 2011, 19:45
put a 19t on and the exhaust whack it up to 18psi thats you target done mate

That's the idea! Just got a 19t just need to rebuild it as the oil seal on the exhaust turbine is shot, once that's fixed its going on as well as an me7 manifold! The stock manifold is shot, sounds terrible when accelerating hard! Hopefully my rebuild kit will be here in the next couple of days.