PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking

John Ret.
Thursday 4th August 2005, 16:48
Hi, when opening my car with the key in the drivers door, all doors and boot unlock fine.

However, when using the fob, all doors unlock apart from the drivers door.

The pin sticking out the door trys to move, but just doesn't make it up.

Has anyone any knowledge on this? Is it just a case of a bit of WD40 or could the solenoid be gone?

John.

Goof
Thursday 4th August 2005, 17:06
Go for the easy fix frist - try WD40.
If that don't cure it then look deeper.

lance
Thursday 4th August 2005, 17:13
I have the same fault on my V70 but I have to use the remote first to open all doors bar drivers otherwise the alarm goes off.

John Ret.
Thursday 4th August 2005, 17:17
Ah, maybe it's a common fault... hopefully someone can help then.. It's quite annoying.

Also, while we're on the subject of doors and annoying things.

I have to slam the drivers door to shut it properly.

Again, I'll try WD40. If not, what could it be?

John Ret.
Thursday 4th August 2005, 17:33
http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1735&highlight=door+lock

the_boy
Thursday 4th August 2005, 17:50
Strange I was just about to ask this same question.....

The drivers door pin on my C70 when using the fob will go all the way up and then drop to halfway (this is intermitent and can extend fully when it wants to) and make a clicking noise. If I'm quick and close enough I can open the door before it falls back to halfway down otherwise it's a lottery. It will either open or the pin will retract and I have to use the fob again.

This doesn't sound like WD40 will fix it, knowing not a lot about these cars I originally thought it was due to a loss of pressure causing the pin to retract. Does this sound more like the motor although like I said it's not all the time?

Anyeone know how much for a replacement? :slap:

lance
Thursday 4th August 2005, 18:01
Mmm not so sure as a about 1 in 100 times mine will open the drivers door, key lock always works so I can just live with it, however my passanger window sometimes doesnt shut off the block of switches on the drivers side!

Im not 100% but I think the problems linked to that block of switches and I think its about £80+ to fix, for me using a key or lifting front Knob from the rear is saving me £80, occasionally I have to reach over to the passanger side to shut the window too.

What could ultimitatly be the cause might be me being a smoker often letting water in by opening my window and I know its gone on the switch gear more than once.

Its one minor design fault on all 850s S,V 70s even if not raining , water on roof comes in when you go round a corner with your windows open often first thing in the morning with a fag on the go.

Goof
Thursday 4th August 2005, 18:26
Its one minor design fault on all 850s S,V 70s even if not raining , water on roof comes in when you go round a corner with your windows open often first thing in the morning with a fag on the go.
Yup - I hate that too! In fact any water on the screen seems to make a bee-line for my right shirt-sleeve!
Decision time:- stop smoking or change car??? ;)

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 4th August 2005, 21:19
Ah, maybe it's a common fault... hopefully someone can help then.. It's quite annoying.

Also, while we're on the subject of doors and annoying things.

I have to slam the drivers door to shut it properly.

Again, I'll try WD40. If not, what could it be?John after the dealers fitted the new window switch pad the door pin started to not come up to the top, but as the remote fob was snapped off the key ring i just got into the habit of using the key to open the door, u don't need to slam the door to shut it, just pull the door lock pin up the last 2mm lol it works, but it was annoying as the problem only started after the dealers had it but i got fed up of being without car etc having to book in for little jobs i just put up with it - try taking the door cover off and see if its fitted ok ?