PDA

View Full Version : How easy is it re-map a 480 turbo?

Brooklands
Friday 8th July 2011, 13:29
A friend of mine has just got a '91 480 Turbo auto. Just a thought how easy is it re-map it?

smithy
Friday 8th July 2011, 16:25
mbc it mate its all hardware on your car mate .stick it on a rollers and turn the baby up to you lean out or you hit boost limit.but i think you can get chips for it ,try interent mate should help.

daveforber
Friday 8th July 2011, 21:18
*If* you can find a Richmod (a guy on the 480 forums used to do remap/rework the ECUs) then that's the way to go.

Realistically if you're looking for a remap then Rica is the only current manufacturer I can find. It's probably not worth the money (£360+VAT) to be honest, and an MBC is a perfectly good way to go.

There's an automatic boost cut-off that should be at 14psi, so you won't be able to push it higher than that without other modifications. That said, the 480 spins its wheels pretty easily when you get it to that level anyway so further tweaks are likely to make it pretty hard to get the power down.

They're brilliant little cars. Enjoy it.

nottsgreent5
Saturday 9th July 2011, 13:34
i have a number for rich some where as i had one of these ecus on my 440 and 480 turbos with mbc mine was on the rollers at around 170 bhp at the wheels which made it a quick little car i will try find the number for you he might change number tho as its been a good few years since i was into the 400s