PDA

View Full Version : will a 19t turbo fit the 15g turbine housing

theflyingbrick
Thursday 7th July 2011, 12:34
another question for you guys :) i really want a bigger turbo but dont know where to find one!! on ebay i can get the 19t turbo (from japan) but it doesnt come with the turbine housing,now does it matter or should i get a bigger housing to fit? as you can tell i really havent a clue as regards turbo sizes or compatability, i understand the need for forge internals i.e rods and pistons but is there a turbo i can use that isnt as aggressive as the 19t but just as powerfull?? i dont really want to start stripping the engine untill im sure of all the possibilitys:worried:

WOODY T5
Thursday 7th July 2011, 12:55
yes it will fit a 15g as i fitted one on monday

PHIL V70R
Thursday 7th July 2011, 13:34
just had a 16 done with 19 guts...

theflyingbrick
Thursday 7th July 2011, 20:03
yes it will fit a 15g as i fitted one on monday

and hows that working out for you? so thats a 19t turbo mated with 15g turbine bit,so if just buy the 19t i can take mine of take off the actual turbo part off and bolt the 19t to it?? if so im well excited coz the price with or without the housing is a huge difference :)

and also where did you get the 19t from only place i can seem to find one is japan!!!

martybelfastt5
Thursday 7th July 2011, 20:15
so do these come balanced ready to be fitted?

WOODY T5
Thursday 7th July 2011, 20:17
and hows that working out for you? so thats a 19t turbo mated with 15g turbine bit,so if just buy the 19t i can take mine of take off the actual turbo part off and bolt the 19t to it?? if so im well excited coz the price with or without the housing is a huge difference :)

and also where did you get the 19t from only place i can seem to find one is japan!!!pm sent

Giles
Thursday 7th July 2011, 21:29
I asked a Japanese company (eBay) and they said i had to get my 15G housing re-machined to fit the 19T......is/was this wrong?

p fandango
Thursday 7th July 2011, 21:39
I asked a Japanese company (eBay) and they said i had to get my 15G housing re-machined to fit the 19T......is/was this wrong?
if they were supplying the 19t impeller then it would fit into the 15g inlet housing with machining. I assume the above are talking about fitting a complete inlet side of the turbo into the 15g exhuast housing

Giles
Thursday 7th July 2011, 21:41
if they were supplying the 19t impeller then it would fit into the 15g inlet housing with machining. I assume the above are talking about fitting a complete inlet side of the turbo into the 15g exhuast housing

dunno - i asked would the whole compressor side (effectively one side) fit my exhaust housing and they replied with 'only by having it machined'.....unless there was a misunderstanding.....

This is similar to what i enquired about:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Upgrade-Turbo-CHRA-Cartridge-SUBARU-Impreza-TD04L-19T-/110566765346?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item19be4af322

Giles
Thursday 7th July 2011, 21:42
"Application
- SUBARU IMPREZA WRX TD04L-19T Turbo

- This CHRA can bolt up to stock SUBARU turbine housing, but need to machine cover to fit larger 19T compressor wheel."

Giles
Thursday 7th July 2011, 21:42
ah - i get it now lol - the outer casing ;) missed that completely lol

The Flying Moose
Thursday 7th July 2011, 21:47
flying brick.

Mate its my car with the 19T fitted to a 15G exhaust housing. As mensioned it does fit and there is a huge difference in the turbo performance despite only having a 2.5" exit rather than 3".

You need to modify a few coolant pipes to. I am in the process of ordering the correct ones from Volvo. I have the part numbers if you need them.

As for the turbo its a Genuine Volvo unit bought off a forum member.

theflyingbrick
Thursday 7th July 2011, 22:45
flying brick.

Mate its my car with the 19T fitted to a 15G exhaust housing. As mensioned it does fit and there is a huge difference in the turbo performance despite only having a 2.5" exit rather than 3".

You need to modify a few coolant pipes to. I am in the process of ordering the correct ones from Volvo. I have the part numbers if you need them.

As for the turbo its a Genuine Volvo unit bought off a forum member.

cheers mate had a chat with another forum member and he said the same regarding the water feed ;) but its definatly the way im heading :)

cherry1809
Thursday 7th July 2011, 23:59
cheers mate had a chat with another forum member and he said the same regarding the water feed ;) but its definatly the way im heading :)

Your gonna have soooo much fun. Lol.

theflyingbrick
Friday 8th July 2011, 11:12
Your gonna have soooo much fun. Lol.

lol that sounds optimistic are you reffering to the fitting part or the driving it part:worried:

The Flying Moose
Friday 8th July 2011, 11:36
lol that sounds optimistic are you reffering to the fitting part or the driving it part:worried:

Fitting really isnt that bad. The only dodgy part is chopping and modifying a water hose as it wont fit due to the different arrangement of pipes on the 19T.