PDA

View Full Version : Balljoints

MWT5
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 18:31
Does anyone know if the balljoints are the same size on ex plod and normal 850 t5's.
Also what is the difference between the bottom arms?.

Alan M
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 18:59
The balljoints are the same size but the bolt fixing arangement to the subframe is different although the arm size and shape are the same. You can cut the old ball joints off then machine the arms to accept the OE 3 bolt design balljoint from the early 850. I have this done so it does work.

T5frankie
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 19:11
you cant change the balljoints on their own its a complete unit with the wishbones, there are 2 types of these with diifferent bolt arrangements

MWT5
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 19:57
Thanks guys
Are the three bolt design off the early t5 or off any 850.

Alan M
Wednesday 6th July 2011, 07:46
You can change just the balljoints.

From any early 850. You will need access to a miller and someone to accurately machine the balljoint positions into the arms. The later arms mean a complete change of arm just for the balljoint where as machining the older balljoints into the arm just means a balljoint change.

Mongo
Wednesday 6th July 2011, 09:12
Can Nakerd ball joints cause light stering on motorways and less resposive steering around corners? After neurburg ring the t5 feels like this

MWT5
Thursday 7th July 2011, 01:07
Can Nakerd ball joints cause light stering on motorways and less resposive steering around corners? After neurburg ring the t5 feels like this

Knackered ball joints will feel like a wobble through the steering wheel best way to check in to Jack up your car and hold the wheel top and bottom push the top of the wheel and pull bottom then vice versa if there's any play they will be knackered.

MWT5
Thursday 7th July 2011, 01:17
The balljoints are the same size but the bolt fixing arangement to the subframe is different although the arm size and shape are the same. You can cut the old ball joints off then machine the arms to accept the OE 3 bolt design balljoint from the early 850. I have this done so it does work.

Thanks Alan
I have found the three bolt ball joints,I'm glad they are the same size.
I have the arms that have the ball joints incorporated.what info I needed was if there was a bolt on ball joint that would fit the hub which there is.
The standard arms off the 850 are too long to fit in the profile of a corsa so now I can get the three bolt ball joints and fabricate some new arms to fit.