PDA

View Full Version : 302 disk upgrade

theflyingbrick
Monday 4th July 2011, 23:49
silly question but i have an 850 t5 saloon if i was to fit the larger 302mm front disks and pads would i have to change the calipers to house the larger disks?

p fandango
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 05:07
i think the pads have a bigger surface area but the calipers are the same, you'll need longer brake pipes as well

james
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 07:02
i think you will need the bigger caliper brackets aswel off a v70

greenone
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 07:28
You will need longer caliper brackets and possibly longer flexible brake pipes. I didn't change the pipes on mine and haven't had a problem. The calipers and pads are unchanged.

Check that the larger disc/caliper arrangement fit inside your wheels as i believe they don't fit inside the standard T5 ones.

John

dps1973
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 07:53
You will need longer caliper brackets and possibly longer flexible brake pipes. I didn't change the pipes on mine and haven't had a problem. The calipers and pads are unchanged.

Check that the larger disc/caliper arrangement fit inside your wheels as i believe they don't fit inside the standard T5 ones.

John

That's correct they wont

theflyingbrick
Tuesday 5th July 2011, 15:31
oh dear does that mean i have to buy a nice set of shiny alloys ;) well this missus wants me to fit better brakes as she would feel "safer" if i did, obviously the wheels go hand in hand with the upgrade so never mind i suppose i can suffer that :)