PDA

View Full Version : 850 Black Leather Electric Pass seat saga !!

The Flying Banana
Monday 4th July 2011, 11:05
SO i have replaced my T5R interior with full leather a short while ago , looks better than the alcantara/ leather ( flame coat on for the purists!) but i couldnt get an electric passenger seat for love nor money. If you have one in your car its very rare !!!

Anyway, i got another passenger yesterday seat incase it didnt work but i thought it would be easy to get the covers off etc and simply transfer them...wrong !! The base is OK but the back is a bitch and you need really small hands to get in replce all clips and pins etc .....cue my 11 year old .... anyway just to cure my OCD of having odd seats i now have both electric :)

Looks better IMO, I have kept alcantara/ leather headrests to match the door panels and black suede roof lining, steering wheel is also leather now and for some reason the leather i always find is better looking than the T5R !!

Where does it stop with these cars tho lol !!!

Tomcat
Monday 4th July 2011, 11:09
For shame!!!!!....where's the pics anyway?...

Porcine_Aviator
Monday 4th July 2011, 12:56
Never never it goes on and on
and just because I can :worthless

TheT6Kid
Monday 4th July 2011, 17:53
I bought an 05 S60 with all the toys, RTi, TV, Dolby stereo GSM with On Call and i'm still messing on, so probably never.
However thanks for pointing out the oddness of having only a drivers electric seat! Now I feel I must change my passenger to have a matched electric pair!!!!

martybelfastt5
Monday 4th July 2011, 21:41
i found the t5r seats uncomfortable replaced it with 850r stuff much better!

Tomcat
Monday 4th July 2011, 21:47
Strange because I prefer the T-5R seats to the R seats, although the R seats keep you in place they're not as comfy as the others.

The Flying Banana
Monday 4th July 2011, 22:49
I would prefer the 850R seats if i was honest, the T5R seats are not comfy but strangley enough they are the same design as the CD seats but the CD seats are softer leather and because of that are comfier!!

I scour ebay etc now and then for an 850R interior, i am sure one will come up one day

cookie
Monday 4th July 2011, 22:57
I have stripped a set of seats, mainly out of Idle curiosity (someone wanted headrests to fit DVD into, and decided with eldest kid to see how they came to bits, and there are alot of springs and clips, but it is possible to remove and refit (and easier to strip and recover than some German furniture)