PDA

View Full Version : Brake Pads

t5_monkey
Thursday 30th June 2011, 20:11
Gonna change the front discs and pads on mine... got a wobble it's had for ages but want to get rid of it.

Going with Genuine stock discs.

Anyone recommend a good Brake Pad to get a bit more bite? I remember Ferodo DS2500 being mentioned.

Get this monkey up to speed :D

swampy
Thursday 30th June 2011, 20:44
Dpends on your budget.
My favorite pads are pagid ds 4 2 bluepads they work great from cold and ive never got them to fade even on track.

T5frankie
Thursday 30th June 2011, 20:57
i had the same wobble when i braked and i replaced the discs with drilled and grooved discs and didn't cure the problem, which was in fact balljoints, so i had to replace wishbones as well.

swampy
Thursday 30th June 2011, 21:35
Also make sure when fitting the disks you clean the mateing face up on the hub, if there is any rust or dirt here it can show up as a distortd disk.

woz
Saturday 2nd July 2011, 15:17
Gonna change the front discs and pads on mine... got a wobble it's had for ages but want to get rid of it.

Going with Genuine stock discs.

Anyone recommend a good Brake Pad to get a bit more bite? I remember Ferodo DS2500 being mentioned.

Get this monkey up to speed :D

Had DS2500 on mine until recently. Excellent. Only drawback - a bit squealy and they grab a bit at low speed. Thats OK for me on my own, but when pootling around with family on school run or shopping you need to think about braking smoothly to avoid the nodding dog effect all round.

In hard use, 80-0 and 80-40 x 5 on a downhill twisty bit - no hint of any fade whatsoever, unlike the standards I am back on now - even new they dont give so much confidence and I will be back on steroid pads again presently.

Cant offer comparison to any others on a Volvo though Mintex on old Triumph2500 and tweaked Maestro worked well apart from first 2 minutes on a cold day.

Let us know how you go.

Dangerous Dave
Sunday 3rd July 2011, 11:26
I've got EBC Yellowstuff pads on, and they're not the greatest pads, but for the price they are they do the job well. They do require some warming up before efficient braking is achieved, but I've had mine on for coming up to a year (I think) and they still have plenty meat left on them, and they are very low dust too (compared to other pads I've used), I was washing the car the other day and noticed how little dust the was on the wheels.

HTH

t5 stealth
Monday 4th July 2011, 19:27
I've got EBC Yellowstuff pads on, and they're not the greatest pads, but for the price they are they do the job well. They do require some warming up before efficient braking is achieved, but I've had mine on for coming up to a year (I think) and they still have plenty meat left on them, and they are very low dust too (compared to other pads I've used), I was washing the car the other day and noticed how little dust the was on the wheels.

HTH

iv got those on mine all round,
havnt had any probs with them,
as you say,low dust,and the warmer they get,the better they get...
didnt get any fade or loss even on the ring,and they are still on it now with loads of pad left still,
been on approx a year now.