PDA

View Full Version : tuning options?.

Mark_V40T4
Wednesday 29th June 2011, 20:55
Well im getting rather bored of the V40 now!. I mean i love how it looks but it just has not got the go iin it that id like. I was thinking about going for drilled/grooved discs allround but i dont really see the point at the moment on a standard 1.8.

So was wondering what are my tuning options? at the moment i only have a Pipercross panel filter, was wondering if theres anything else i can really do to get more power out of the old girl?

its a 1999 1.8xs (non GDI i believe).

Thanks for looking!

LiamT4
Wednesday 29th June 2011, 23:15
Not much you can do really on such a small n/a engine i'm afraid, without spending big.

V40 t4s are pretty cheap now, couldn't you get one and swap your bits over?

t5_monkey
Wednesday 29th June 2011, 23:37
Well im getting rather bored of the V40 now!. I mean i love how it looks but it just has not got the go iin it that id like. I was thinking about going for drilled/grooved discs allround but i dont really see the point at the moment on a standard 1.8.

So was wondering what are my tuning options? at the moment i only have a Pipercross panel filter, was wondering if theres anything else i can really do to get more power out of the old girl?

its a 1999 1.8xs (non GDI i believe).

Thanks for looking!

Buy a T4! maybe not what u want to hear but will be light years ahead of a 1.8 even totally stock.

lance
Thursday 30th June 2011, 10:35
Buy a T4! maybe not what u want to hear but will be light years ahead of a 1.8 even totally stock.

Agreed, I have driven a 2.0 T which is an LPT but with a remap thats going to give 200 BHP so still nice and nippy.

gmain1967
Thursday 30th June 2011, 19:14
Agreed, I have driven a 2.0 T which is an LPT but with a remap thats going to give 200 BHP so still nice and nippy.

Back in 2003 I had a chipped 2.0T which was the XS model. One downside was that it didn't have the DSA. It desparately needed it!!!

T5frankie
Thursday 30th June 2011, 19:48
a t4 is a very nippy little motor and you will be grinning like a nutter after your 1.8 mate, i agree with liam turn yours back to standard buy a t4 then put your bits on the new one

Mark_V40T4
Saturday 16th July 2011, 12:46
Thanks thanks for your advice guys!.. i now have a 1.8xs to strip down and sell and a T4 to play with! :D

Haizum74
Saturday 23rd July 2011, 13:26
Cant fault my T4! Well, I can but its only cos it needs a bit of work on it, speed wise I cant fault it (I should have said) lol