PDA

View Full Version : T5R V 850R stance

Niles
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:15
My mates T5R 855 has nivomats on the back, so has my 850R. 1 of his was tired so he swapped a pair of nivo's off a donor car (standard 855) what i want to know is why his car sits down at the rear lower than mine??? :confused:

Tomcat
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:18
Have you checked the springs?, maybe a different type of spring's fitted,

Niles
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:29
I haven't mate BUT..... my old silver 855 had nivos on it. I put lowering springs on with the nivos. Sat down very nicely. Went to my car an hour later & the sodding thing sat up again all on its own. Might try again & have a tape measure on stand by.

Id love to know how a Nivomat actually works and self levels & what dictates the 'level'. Can some clever clogs tell me?

LiamT4
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:32
I haven't mate BUT..... my old silver 855 had nivos on it. I put lowering springs on with the nivos. Sat down very nicely. Went to my car an hour later & the sodding thing sat up again all on its own. Might try again & have a tape measure on stand by.

Id love to know how a Nivomat actually works and self levels & what dictates the 'level'. Can some clever clogs tell me?

All i know is that when you put heavy stuff in the back, it'll drop down but then as you drive along it will "pump" itself back up.

Redbrick
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:33

My Google Fu is strong:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/nivomat.pdf

The Flying Moose
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:42
My Google Fu is strong:

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/pdf/nivomat.pdf

Cheers Redbrick, some decent educational night-time reading. Love learning about these things.

Porcine_Aviator
Monday 27th June 2011, 23:01
Cheers Redbrick, some decent educational night-time reading. Love learning about these things.

There's a line that says "When driving on bumpy roads the Nivomat is excited more than normal." So don't get all excited will you. :)

The Flying Moose
Monday 27th June 2011, 23:04
There's a line that says "When driving on bumpy roads the Nivomat is excited more than normal." So don't get all excited will you. :)

In my case its probably agitated because I wont understand the technical terms in the guide.

Reminds me of something in Anne Summers called "The Exciter" ;)

Porcine_Aviator
Monday 27th June 2011, 23:11
Thought I'd add a nice green picture of a Nivomat strut and the pdf was really interesting thanks Redbrick