PDA

View Full Version : Best budget coil springs?

KellyJones
Saturday 25th June 2011, 15:55
Is there such a thing! just want a slight drop and tighten up, dont want to be bouncing up the road like a gangster, can you get half decent lowered coil spring sets anymore? thanks

Tomcat
Saturday 25th June 2011, 16:45
Course you can, I'm presuming you've got an 850 as you don't say. A cheap upgrade would be a secondhand set of R springs as these are lower and stiffer than the sandard setup, alternativley you could buy some Eibach springs these are stiffer and lower as well and aren't that expensive.

KellyJones
Saturday 25th June 2011, 18:12
Hi , thanks for the response, yes its an 850, i like sound of R springs, proberly the best of both worlds with those. off to the wanted section!

deathrider311271
Saturday 25th June 2011, 23:34
Hi , thanks for the response, yes its an 850, i like sound of R springs, proberly the best of both worlds with those. off to the wanted section!

i have fitted Eibach springs today, they are bloody brilliant, stiffen the car up nicely, drop it about 40mm even the mrs likes the ride better as she said it always felt "wobbly", her words not mine lol. Oh ye i picked up a second hand set for £60.