PDA

View Full Version : 850 central locking problem.

Tomcat
Saturday 25th June 2011, 12:26
I've noticed on a couple of occasions that when I lock it up at night and come back to it in the morning the doors are unlocked, they where definatley locked the night before and I still have to de activate the alarm before I can open the car, as you can imagine this is a tad worrying, anyone got any thought's as to what could be causing this?. I'm going to go read the codes shortly see if anything's logged.

T5frankie
Saturday 25th June 2011, 12:33
i wouldn't advertise that mate

Tomcat
Saturday 25th June 2011, 12:36
Probably not but I still need to work out whats wrong with it, plus the alarm/immobiliser is still active so it's not like someones just going to step into it and walk off with it.

martybelfastt5
Saturday 25th June 2011, 14:40
tomcat my t5 done this due to the locking pin on the driver door needing adjusted when locked it just popped all doors straight open, just try screwing pin down or slightly up and try locking again til its right

james
Saturday 25th June 2011, 14:52
mine used to do this sometimes and the drivers door used to 'bump open' onto the locking catch going over harsh bumps 'normal sheffield roads' but then i changed the 850 handles for v70 ones for personal prefference and got a replacement drivers door locking mech and i havnt had these issues since... dont suppose this is much help?

Tomcat
Saturday 25th June 2011, 15:09
Hmmm thanks guys, I did remove the drivers door a little while back to re paint it, I also had to realign it as it was miles out, I will have a look at the catch pin when I get a minute.