PDA

View Full Version : Longlife Exhausts.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 10:38
Just had a quote for a Longlife Exhaust for an S60, 2.5in pipe is £399, if i want 3in pipe it's £799 as it needs mandrel bending. Seems a bit steep to me like, choice of tail pipes too as ever. Anybody else got any prices of other brands,recommendations, i'm particularly interested in S60 guys experiences or are they the same on the V70 P2, if so them too, thanks.

Justin
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 10:41
Miltek mate, you cant go wrong :)

monsterdark
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 12:16
TDS have you tried these they can make a special for you & are in your neck of the woods

http://www.zorstec.com/about_us.htm

pault5
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 17:04
hi,
had a longlife on my 850. when i went to vt for my 19t hamish was not impressed at all :frown: vt were unable to mate the 3 inch d/pipe as longlife had cut off the joint! now have a very nice milltek one fitted.
anyone want a longlife exhaust cheap let me know.
paul

spesh
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 17:17
STAY AWAY FROM LONGLIFE!!! TRUST ME on this one, had a system off them on my 440 turbo, utter ££££!!!!!!

After_Shock
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 18:03
Would say AAS in Newcastle probably one of the best in the country if not the best for custom exhaust systems but your not exactly around the corner!

gezR
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 18:33
Have you tried Ascar exhausts in Sheffield?

http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/

TangoDeltaSierra3
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 23:44
Have you tried Ascar exhausts in Sheffield?

http://www.exhaustsuk.co.uk/Theres a guy lives in my village with ExhaustUK plastered allover his van, it's got about 12 exhausts coming out of the back lol, always wondered where they were based, i guess they could make me a brilliant looking exhaust but will it improve the flow for me though ? They look a bit too chavvy for me.

After_Shock
Wednesday 3rd August 2005, 23:58
My mate who has had Evo's for years had an Ascar one on his last car said it was the worst by far for performance that he had every had.

It sound lovely and was reasonably well made but it damaged the performance, he has gone with an AAS one on his latest Evo and is more than happy.

vt5
Thursday 4th August 2005, 08:12
TDS Ive always found Powerflow a good exhaust fabricators.

They do custom exhausts exactly how you want them, they are not too dear either but not sure if there is one nearby you. Have a look online.

Ive had i think its been 3 systems of them now and my brother has had 2, always found them good.

Better still they will build it so its sounds just how you want it to sound.

After_Shock
Thursday 4th August 2005, 10:56
Only problem with powerflow is its a franchise, some of them are good but some of them are shocking!

mikej
Thursday 4th August 2005, 11:20
Had 2 longlife systems now the last one being on my t5 and have to say had no problems at all performance or otherwise .I think you can get good and bad no matter were you go and alot may depend on the individual depot or fitter ! i can swap the system over to standard with no problems but then mine wasn't cut either , maybe i,m biased now but i would certainly use them again.

TangoDeltaSierra3
Thursday 4th August 2005, 21:11
TDS Ive always found Powerflow a good exhaust fabricators.

They do custom exhausts exactly how you want them, they are not too dear either but not sure if there is one nearby you. Have a look online.

Ive had i think its been 3 systems of them now and my brother has had 2, always found them good.

Better still they will build it so its sounds just how you want it to sound.Yeah the S70 one i had was Powerflow, no complaints about it but i dont think it looked particularly well built as such either. I can wait anyway for now.

macV70R
Thursday 4th August 2005, 22:48
Have to agree with aftershock on this one! AAS are spot on, they do a really excellent job at a very good price. They only use top quality stainless & they mandrel bend all there stuff.
I should know,I am a Metal Fabricator by trade :haha:

Mac

After_Shock
Friday 5th August 2005, 00:57
Thanks for the back up! Shame as their still a relatively unknown company even though they have done cars that have came all the way from Europe!