PDA

View Full Version : MBC Yes/No + - ?

KARL
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 21:54
After reading posts on MBC and re circ valves etc, I am ud dicided on what to fit to my old V70R AWD.

As the prop might be put in the bin soon i wanted to capitalise on the extra grunt I will get loosing 250 kg or so !

I only have a standard turbo set up at the momment.

What would be a nice addition to get a little more boost per ££ and keep reliable (Dont mention the prop).

Thank you in advance Volvo kings !

Cheers

si850r
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:00
a definate yes.....

I have an mbc on my R

At first I was just running with the mbc which makes a HUGE differance...
Then Ive had it remapped and my god it flies.....

I would reccomend the both......I still havent stopped smiling and it was remapped 3 weeks ago......

T5frankie
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:00
mbc's are only a good thing mate when used with a remap

LiamT4
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:03
Map, mbc, panel/cone filter, de-cat (if possible). Cheap power upgrades.

si850r
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:13
mbc's are only a good thing mate when used with a remap

Id have to dis agree mate when I used mine without the map there was a massive difference ... And with the map its even more noticeable, theres more of a constant boost pressure now...

KARL
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:30
a definate yes.....

I have an mbc on my R

At first I was just running with the mbc which makes a HUGE differance...
Then Ive had it remapped and my god it flies.....

I would reccomend the both......I still havent stopped smiling and it was remapped 3 weeks ago......

Easy set up ?

si850r
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:34
yes to both...
Ecu just pull it out ...put your new remapped one in ...

And the mbc just 3 vac lines and your done...

Very easy mate

LiamT4
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:54
Make sure your car is running well, before you start. i.e check pipes, hoses, plugs, oil, etc.

Check your turbo actuator as well. If, like mine, its on its way out, it may have problems when you start to run higher boost.

fyldetowbars
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:57
i have a 850 t5 and i put a proper mbc on and omg what a differance i now have ss exhaust sraight thought and a ripspeed cone filter and the engine now needs remapping what a differrence go for it ?

p fandango
Friday 24th June 2011, 01:28
if you do run both a MBC & remapped ECU please be very careful as the remap will either raise or remove the boost protection, so bent rods are very easy to get

mightywolf
Friday 24th June 2011, 07:39
MBC all the way. I've got an MBC but no re-map and the power is very aggresive. I love it and have never regretted getting mine :)

dps1973
Friday 24th June 2011, 09:02
if you do run both a MBC & remapped ECU please be very careful as the remap will either raise or remove the boost protection, so bent rods are very easy to get

Correct take it from a man with experience of this :(

p fandango
Friday 24th June 2011, 09:24
Correct take it from a man with experience of this :(
i think your about the 5th i know who's done it mate, thats why i try & warn people on MBC threads

T5frankie
Friday 24th June 2011, 12:39
Id have to dis agree mate when I used mine without the map there was a massive difference ... And with the map its even more noticeable, theres more of a constant boost pressure now...

but you can achieve that without an mbc by adjusting the actuator

Rnash2002
Friday 24th June 2011, 14:39
As pedro says be careful,just dont load the boost up say in 4th or 5th at very low rpm or you will stand a good chance of bending a rod.
I was running one with a k24 turbo and had no problems but i was always aware of the bent rod factor so be careful.

si850r
Friday 24th June 2011, 20:08
but you can achieve that without an mbc by adjusting the actuator

still not the same mate.....

T5frankie
Friday 24th June 2011, 20:20
i got a remap then an mbc 22psi is cool lol

si850r
Friday 24th June 2011, 20:24
emmmmmmmm....is that why the new engine????

T5frankie
Friday 24th June 2011, 20:27
emmmmmmmm....is that why the new engine????

pmsl........:wink:, well mostly was at 20psi and i was careful not to have high boost/low revs but it was on 207000 miles and always smoked since ive had her so kill two birds with one stone by fitting a new bottom and top end at the same time.

p fandango
Friday 24th June 2011, 20:29
i got a remap then an mbc 22psi is cool lol
i used to run 20.8psi on BT & she's still fine, but i know of one that bent 2 rods with no mbc on the stock ecu

dps1973
Friday 24th June 2011, 21:01
i used to run 20.8psi on BT & she's still fine, but i know of one that bent 2 rods with no mbc on the stock ecu

mine bent rod's running 18psi :(

mightywolf
Saturday 25th June 2011, 10:58
most I've run mine at was 15psi but not for long cos i was too scared of doing damage :) plus it didn't make it ideal for normal around town driving! I leave it at about 12psi now.