PDA

View Full Version : Fitted BC Racing BR series Coilovers

jardon
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 18:03
http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/coilovers-series-br/

My kit has 5kg/mm fronts and 10kg/mm rears.

Tim took around 3 hours to fit yesterday then a further few minutes to drop the rear a little. I haven't gone for "slammed" as it needs to be a family car occasionally. Watching Tim it looks straight forward for somebody who knows what they are doing - even with me asking questions continuously!

I haven't corner weighted it as the constantly varying passenger/luggage loads would make a balls of it straight away. We made sure that the settings were the same right to left though!

Adjustment of damping is easy and Tim took me along a variety of roads to get a feel for it - the rear is 3 clicks from full hard and the front is 8 from full hard. Initially I set the front too stiff and it would skip a bit if I booted it in corners - I may yet soften the front some more. It is there or thereabouts though.

High speed maneouvering is easy and settled - no drama just goes where I point it. Off the line traction has improved a lot with the R888's so I need to play about on my favourite roads to see what the coilovers have done for that.

There is more vibration on rough road surfaces but the car is more composed. The "DON'T DO IT" Koni FSD/Eibach Pro Kit set up transmitted less NVH but steering/straight line control suffered badly. While on that subject it is worth mentioning that Koni (UK and USA) DO NOT recommend FSD's are used with lowering springs. Their advice is OEM spring rate and standard ride height only as they will not cope with stiffer springs and will bottom out when lowered. A much mis-sold product.

BC Racing have impressed me so far - A well made product at a very competitive price. :)

abdul
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 18:06
have u got a phase 1 or phase 2 as i am still waiting for the issue on phase 1 to be resolved

jardon
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 18:07
P2 Abdul - hang in there.

Jim S70R
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 21:52
Great stuff, just had some coil overs fitted to mine recently too, its impressive how well a Volvo can handle. I bet your itching to try the old girl out on the track with the setup your running now. You got any pics :) :)

jardon
Thursday 23rd June 2011, 22:08
Yes, looking forward to Combe next month. No pics but it did look pretty in the box!