Wednesday 22nd June 2011, 10:32
hi all long time since i have been on here
but have a 03 plate s60 and has a fault on the dash sometimes

if i pull the ecu out and leave it for a while its ok for about a week or so

but then it will come hard to start
the abs light comes on and stay on
there is no rev counter
the display says there is a brake fault

all the codes when i plug it in all delete but still wont help it start or the fault

when it gets hard to start it feels like its not getting fuel as somethines it will start then die stright away

any ideas has been in a few garages and they cant find anything with out buying new ecu's and dash

read somewhere that volvo has make there software update to 200k miles is this in the uk or just the us

matt

hamish
Wednesday 22nd June 2011, 11:00
hi all long time since i have been on here
but have a 03 plate s60 and has a fault on the dash sometimes

if i pull the ecu out and leave it for a while its ok for about a week or so

but then it will come hard to start
the abs light comes on and stay on
there is no rev counter
the display says there is a brake fault

all the codes when i plug it in all delete but still wont help it start or the fault

when it gets hard to start it feels like its not getting fuel as somethines it will start then die stright away

any ideas has been in a few garages and they cant find anything with out buying new ecu's and dash

read somewhere that volvo has make there software update to 200k miles is this in the uk or just the us

matt

Hi,

I think you may have more than 1 fault. The rev counter and ABS is easy. Your DIM (Driver Infomation Module) has failed. Common problem, volvo's so;ution is to replace at circa £800 ! We can repair for £350 all in. I would need to 'plug in' to our diagnostics to have a better idea with regards the no starting.

Regards,
Hamish.
www.hlmtuning.co.uk

lutonmatt
Wednesday 22nd June 2011, 16:51
thanks Hamish

just pluged it in and reaad the codes
i cannot read teh ecm wont let me in but i know if i delete the rest of the codes it will let me in had it before and dont want to delete the codes till i know whats wrong as it might not go faulty again for a week or so

codes are
cem
cem-e000

diesel ecm
ecm e003
ecm a03b
ecm a500
ecm 940a

abs
abs e003
abs o150
abs o100

pass door
pdm 024

driver door
ddm 0030
ddm 0032
ddm 0025
ddm 0024

audio
aum e003

now i know the radio and doors are rubbish codes but did not know if it ment any thing has a whole pic

ecm and abs are can bus fault brake pedal sensor and configuration and communication faults

i did think it was the dim unit as well not not 100% and need to be before i spend money on the thing

matt

gfurm
Wednesday 22nd June 2011, 19:57
DIM can be fixed at decet TV repair shop. They just have to resolder everything big on the PCB and job done. Had this done to mine for 40 quid. I just had to pull the DIM out, open it and take PCB out. The only issue after this operation is trip odometer reseting on it's own now and then.
Greg

p fandango
Wednesday 22nd June 2011, 20:12
my bro repaired both mine & my old man's DIM units, think he wanted £100 to resolder the whole board but you'll have to come to Cov so we can do it

t5 stealth
Wednesday 22nd June 2011, 22:30
if its the dash problem then my guv had same fault on his d5,i removed dash and sent it to a guy of the net to repair,he had it a couple of days...and i think the cost was about £80.
dash is easy to remove,takes 5 mins and the car still runs and drives with dash removed.

lutonmatt
Wednesday 22nd June 2011, 23:35
well did try a dash but of course it has to be programed in ect so did not work

cleared all the codes this afternoon but 2 stayed configuration and communication faults

am not 100% if it is the dash
as all the time the fault is there the display reads breaks faulty do not drive or something along them lines

found out it had a ecm program update in dec last year so all that is up to date
just want to find out what is wrong before i part with any money as the cars not worth great deal of money so more we spend the worse it will be