PDA

View Full Version : interior lights dimmer???

Niles
Monday 20th June 2011, 20:24
I love it when you close the cars doors and the interior lights stay on a mo then slowly fade out. Is it possible to do this to an 850? Also, as Im not electrical genius, if a 'dimmer' is possible would it work with led bulbs?

p fandango
Monday 20th June 2011, 20:50
I love it when you close the cars doors and the interior lights stay on a mo then slowly fade out. Is it possible to do this to an 850? Also, as Im not electrical genius, if a 'dimmer' is possible would it work with led bulbs?
got a feeling maplins still do a kit to do that, & i can't see why it shouldn't work with LED's

p fandango
Monday 20th June 2011, 20:57
couldn't find the Maplin one, but found this LINK

Niles
Monday 20th June 2011, 21:03
couldn't find the Maplin one, but found this LINK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Carpoint-15-270-08-Interior-Light-Delay/dp/B003XE9D4Y)

thanks mate. got it. :ylusy: all I have to do when it turns up is work out where to plumb it in. Hmmmm......

p fandango
Monday 20th June 2011, 21:22
thanks mate. got it. :ylusy: all I have to do when it turns up is work out where to plumb it in. Hmmmm......
looking at the diagram printed on it its very easy, one wire from the earth side of the interior light & the other to an earth. Its basically bridging the door pin switch