PDA

View Full Version : Rain Spots, Red 850

merc85
Monday 20th June 2011, 19:27
As above Bloody rain spots have apeard on my Osf wing, How/any ideas how to get ridd of them or does it need a respray?

Really anoying me now.

t4 chump
Monday 20th June 2011, 22:10
I had the same on my t4 when i first got took a lot of polishing to gt themout

merc85
Monday 20th June 2011, 22:30
Polished them out once well almost, then it happened again and worse

t4 chump
Monday 20th June 2011, 22:32
I only noticed mine had gone other week ive had car 2 yrs. Have u tried machine polisher?

LiamT4
Monday 20th June 2011, 22:37
Polished them out once well almost, then it happened again and worse

After you polished them, did you use a good wax/sealent to protect it?

AndysR
Monday 20th June 2011, 22:54
I've seen this occur to car paintwork before, sometimes it's down to the lacquer/quality of paint used. As it's only the o/s/f wing is it possible that it has had paintwork in this area prior to now?

merc85
Monday 20th June 2011, 23:51
Ok been i the garage for about 30 mins, with a water/vinigar mix, and it was bloody hard work, ive got most of the damm things out, then i polish then wax with miguiars polish/cleaner wax.

ive left a coat of this on over night, and will inspect it in the morning.

Thanks for all of the replies

merc85
Tuesday 21st June 2011, 07:56
Just a Update, removed polish and wow, 99.9% Gone

t4 chump
Tuesday 21st June 2011, 17:25
Ok been i the garage for about 30 mins, with a water/vinigar mix, and it was bloody hard work, ive got most of the damm things out, then i polish then wax with miguiars polish/cleaner wax.

ive left a coat of this on over night, and will inspect it in the morning.

Thanks for all of the replies

Lol

Peanut1
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 23:46
What sealant and wax did you put on?

T5frankie
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 23:49
What sealant and wax did you put on?

bloody hell mate that thread is 5 months old

Peanut1
Saturday 3rd December 2011, 23:54
just trawling through as new and wanted to see if i could help at all, especially if anyone else has the same problem

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 4th December 2011, 00:23
Would recommend you put a decent sealant on it now to protect the finish to prevent a re-occurance. Chemical Guys Factory Sealant is good - you can apply & leave it on overnight.

You can also get AIO sealants which also have carnuba wax in them to help give additional hydrophobic protection.

Top the sealant with your fav wax. I'd recommend collonite if you are not a fan of reapplying ever 3 weeks or so

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/collinite-476s-super-double-coat-wax-18fl-oz/prod_451.html

2 coats will last upto 1 year.

My own personal fav is Pete's 53 signature - gives a better shine but does not last as long.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 4th December 2011, 00:25
Alternative sealants...

WMF - http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/chemical-guys-wet-mirror-finish/prod_339.html is not bad either.

I have also used http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/sealants/chemical-guys-blacklight/prod_841.html Black Light o n darker colours - e.g. Trudy our S40 R design with great success.

merc85
Sunday 4th December 2011, 02:26
Have since sorted the spots LOL,

Vinigar Solution got rid, followed by Clay Bar. then a Good Polish, Wax and sealant, no problem since. lol

Kingsford G
Sunday 4th December 2011, 02:37
What about so called PTFE stuf,is it any good?Some of them claim even 5year protection.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 4th December 2011, 02:52
oops - holy thread resurrection batmat & all that.

PTFE - do you really want to cover your car in plastic?