PDA

View Full Version : Idle Issue, possible air leak??

Darren
Monday 20th June 2011, 09:32
Hello all,
I have a C70 T5 '99 plate, manual. Over the last few weeks i've experienced issues with the idle rising up and down between 600 and 1000 rpm at standstill, she is using more oil than is normal, no leaks and not burning any that I can see, regurlaly serviced and no issues with plugs and filter box.

I've owned the car for approx eight years now and had two new throttle modules under warranty which I hope is not the issue, there are no warning lights showing.

My own research leads me to think there is a possible air leak near the inlet manifold, I've taken a look and to be honest with the pipework I wouldn't know where to start. The pipes connected to the manifold at the front appear ok after spraying wd whilst engine is running, taking a look at the rear and it appears to be the proverbial "needle in a haystack", mainly due to access and visibility.

I'd really appreciate any advice or guidance as to what may be the issue if my diagnosis is wrong (booked in for a fault code read in the week) or hopefully which pipe(s) may be the culprit or how to find air leak.

Many thanks
Darren

MWT5
Monday 20th June 2011, 15:54
Could be any number of things, getting the codes read is a good start.
I had this with my v70 t5. Volvo did a software update for the etm and it sorted it,mine was a 99 plate with the dodgy Etm
Hope you sort it.