PDA

View Full Version : engine fitment

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 17:39
I'm looking for someone to do an engine change for me obviously someone who has done one before lol, it can be done at my premises or yours if not too far away, so if there is anyone that can do it it would be a great help and i will of course be paying you for your time. Thanks

siamblue
Sunday 19th June 2011, 17:43
If it is an inter forum meet/help, i might be able to help out next Saturday late afternoon.

Gary.

The Flying Moose
Sunday 19th June 2011, 17:47
Cant fit it Solo but would be more than happy to come along with my tool box and help out Frankie.

siamblue
Sunday 19th June 2011, 17:57
Now is it out the top or from underneath? As i said, i can help out, but can't do it all myself.

Gary.

PS Are you going to replace the clutch while you are at it? if so you will need the Volvo special tool.

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 18:05
Now is it out the top or from underneath? As i said, i can help out, but can't do it all myself.

Gary.

PS Are you going to replace the clutch while you are at it? if so you will need the Volvo special tool.

it has a recent clutch remember it went in france last august, i will have to hire a hoist

Jamest5r
Sunday 19th June 2011, 18:20
Gary.

Pmsl mate :), what do you reckon then? im still saying it's a nightmare to get them out the top especialy with the vicous coupling on the m59 but willing to be educated.

Whats the special tool for the clutch?

The Flying Moose
Sunday 19th June 2011, 19:36
Cant say I have every needed a special tool for the clutch? Definately worth taking the box off and flywheel off and doing the RMS while its out in my opinion.

I have a 2 tonne engine hoist I can bring along if Im back in time to help with the job.

p fandango
Sunday 19th June 2011, 20:04
if your doing it local & i've got some petrol i'll come & give a hand

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 20:16
Cant say I have every needed a special tool for the clutch? Definately worth taking the box off and flywheel off and doing the RMS while its out in my opinion.

I have a 2 tonne engine hoist I can bring along if Im back in time to help with the job.

rms?

p fandango
Sunday 19th June 2011, 20:16
rms?
rear main seal

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 20:27
rear main seal

of course anyone know the part number for these?

smithy
Sunday 19th June 2011, 20:30
something tells me im going to get dragged into this lol because i have a lockup with a pit

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:00
something tells me im going to get dragged into this lol because i have a lockup with a pit

done cheers smithy hoped you'd pipe up lol when do you reckon we could get this done by?

smithy
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:05
done cheers smithy hoped you'd pipe up lol when do you reckon we could get this done by?

got james car to do 1st and an audi tt then we will sort it have you got a good engine to put in and i mean good one mate because if we sort it with help could be out and back in same day .if we start early that is.

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:08
got james car to do 1st and an audi tt then we will sort it have you got a good engine to put in and i mean good one mate because if we sort it with help could be out and back in same day .if we start early that is.

its the one i have just bought off giles said to be good with no smoke at all yet to pick it up, well in actual fact its still in his car lol coming out tomorrow

smithy
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:10
its the one i have just bought off giles said to be good with no smoke at all yet to pick it up, well in actual fact its still in his car lol coming out tomorrow

ok and long as its good but put a rear main seal in it before getting it back mate saves all the hassle.

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:11
ok and long as its good but put a rear main seal in it before getting it back mate saves all the hassle.

i wouldnt even know how to lol, i will buy one

smithy
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:14
i wouldnt even know how to lol, i will buy one

its easy to fit mate ,why you are there do you want to fit the smf and clutch

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:21
its easy to fit mate ,why you are there do you want to fit the smf and clutch

eh? its got a new clutch and flywheel mate not gonna fork out for those as well i is on a budget lol

smithy
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:24
eh? its got a new clutch and flywheel mate not gonna fork out for those as well i is on a budget lol

the clutch and flywheel will be on the engine when you get it numpty

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:27
the clutch and flywheel will be on the engine when you get it numpty

lol cheers mate, can the smf handle the same power as a dmf? its not coming with the gearbox

smithy
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:28
lol cheers mate, can the smf handle the same power as a dmf? its not coming with the gearbox

smf will handle more power than dmf mate no probs

T5frankie
Sunday 19th June 2011, 21:31
smf will handle more power than dmf mate no probs

we will lokk at the condition of both and see whats best, you cant use my newer clutch can you?

Jamest5r
Sunday 19th June 2011, 22:03

Cool let me know when it's done :)

Cheeky Git :)

smithy
Sunday 19th June 2011, 22:10
Cool let me know when it's done :)

Cheeky Git :)

im starting your car about 11 tomorrow mate it will all be dropped by afternoon then i will ring you with problem what are mates for lol