PDA

View Full Version : My T5R now has a PCV system!!

mitchyboy01
Saturday 18th June 2011, 17:07
Massive thanks to Niles and Bradley for sorting my non-existant PCV system and 300 boost leaks today. Absolutely spot on guys, I'm made up. Niles said he'd never seen anything like it on a T5 and he breaks them!! I feel so much more positive about Volvo ownership again now lol

:worship::worship:

stu_850t5
Saturday 18th June 2011, 17:22
Glad to hear it mate! proper community vpcuk!!!!

Niles
Saturday 18th June 2011, 18:22
happy to help mate. For anyone who wants to know......
PCV system was virtually non existent. Sorted a good spare system & installed it.
Loads of air leaks from various places.
Home made RIP kit removed. Hell of a poor bodge job sorted with a standard route set up. Trust me on this 1, the rip kit was a joke. Standard set up will work much better.
Nasty cone filter ditched & replaced with a air feed duct, standard air box top & bottom.
Checked the ECU & Mitch was told the car had been mapped. NOT!!!!!!!!! Standard map.
He was told it was running a 19T. NOT!!!! Its got a 15g.
Air intake pipe switched for the right 1.

Very glad to help. No charges as he's a local chappy. I'm sure the car will run MUCH better, set the car up to a good runner then lets play 'tweek it' later when funds & time allow.

p fandango
Saturday 18th June 2011, 19:02
its saying something when you ditch a RIP kit for the standard pipework, glad its all sorted & good to see Volvo/forum chums helping each other out

Jamest5r
Saturday 18th June 2011, 19:11
Quality lads, nice one :)

Niles
Saturday 18th June 2011, 20:06
its saying something when you ditch a RIP kit for the standard pipework, glad its all sorted & good to see Volvo/forum chums helping each other out

the pipe that runs over the top of the lump had a bore of (honestly) 2.25", all the silicone pipes were pants & lots of the original pipes were reused and very poorly cut/shut/buggered.

p fandango
Saturday 18th June 2011, 21:25
the pipe that runs over the top of the lump had a bore of (honestly) 2.25", all the silicone pipes were pants & lots of the original pipes were reused and very poorly cut/shut/buggered.
lmao i think i've seen a "how to" for that system elsewhere :wink:. Had they cut the fuel rail cover in half to get the top pipe to fit?

mitchyboy01
Sunday 19th June 2011, 15:20
No mate, that's probably why they used 2 inch pipe lol

AndysR
Sunday 19th June 2011, 15:22
Always good to hear of the community coming together :)