PDA

View Full Version : PCV and smoke from dipstick.

mitchyboy01
Friday 17th June 2011, 19:33
Hi Guys,

Another load of questions I'm afraid.

My car smokes from the dipstick quite a bit. Also when idling for a few mins it will smoke from the exhaust (blueish smoke). I know the latter might be the turbo but I have plans for a new one so not too bothered about that.

Due the dipstick issue I had a quick look under the bonnet and found a part broken with no hoses on it when it should have. Looks like it's been siliconed up. Could anyone tell me what this is and what it should be doing and which hoses should connect to it?

It's number 10 on this diagram.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/rufe_v6/inlet1.jpg

Many Thanks,

Mitch.

nottsgreent5
Friday 17th June 2011, 19:40
thats the boost tree mate you dont want leaks on there lol

mitchyboy01
Friday 17th June 2011, 19:44
thats the boost tree mate you dont want leaks on there lol

Well the two forward facing outlets on mine have no hoses and are full of white silicone? Also, as I face the engine bay, on the inlet manifold on the left hand side there is a 4mm ID (ish) hose coming from the manifold and venting to air? What is this? Thanks.

Niles
Friday 17th June 2011, 19:48
Well the two forward facing outlets on mine have no hoses and are full of white silicone? Also, as I face the engine bay, on the inlet manifold on the left hand side there is a 4mm ID (ish) hose coming from the manifold and venting to air? What is this? Thanks.

that 4mm vacuum pipe feeds from the end of the inlet manifold round to the bottom of the air intake pipe. The little elbow at the manifold end is a notorious problem for splitting & causing a boost leak. If you need a good vacuum tree (figure 10) let me know. Got a couple spare. The vacuum tree nipple should be blanked off with little plastic blanking caps. (other that the tree nipples that are in use obviously).

mitchyboy01
Friday 17th June 2011, 20:09
that 4mm vacuum pipe feeds from the end of the inlet manifold round to the bottom of the air intake pipe. The little elbow at the manifold end is a notorious problem for splitting & causing a boost leak. If you need a good vacuum tree (figure 10) let me know. Got a couple spare. The vacuum tree nipple should be blanked off with little plastic blanking caps. (other that the tree nipples that are in use obviously).

Thanks mate. Hopefully see you tomorrow!

t5lover
Friday 17th June 2011, 20:22
And me Mate sounds like mini meet at niles lol

Niles
Friday 17th June 2011, 20:31
will pack his camera. lol

mitchyboy01
Friday 17th June 2011, 20:40
Superb. Look forward to it.

t5lover
Friday 17th June 2011, 21:11
will pack his camera. lol

Lol I would if I can find my battery's lol

Jamest5r
Friday 17th June 2011, 21:26
Bloody hell Mitchyboy you've landed on your feet being local to them two :) you will probably drive away from that meet with half your engine changed :)

mitchyboy01
Friday 17th June 2011, 22:48
Blimey!! Have I actually had some luck haha. Sounds spot on to me. I love these cars so it will great to have their knowledge to help me learn as much as possible. Looking forward to meeting them, seem like top blokes.