PDA

View Full Version : stutter under acceleration!!?

chunky
Friday 17th June 2011, 17:17
:worried: I have a 96 850 t5 saloon,my problem is that sometimes under heavy acceleration she stutters for a second then keeps pulling,i have replaced plugs,leads,cleaned dizzy cap and rotor arm none of which have solved it any help would be appreciated.It is an auto if that makes any difference.

stevie69
Friday 17th June 2011, 17:40
mine is the same.wonder what it is?

PHIL V70R
Friday 17th June 2011, 18:00
:worried: I have a 96 850 t5 saloon,my problem is that sometimes under heavy acceleration she stutters for a second then keeps pulling,i have replaced plugs,leads,cleaned dizzy cap and rotor arm none of which have solved it any help would be appreciated.It is an auto if that makes any difference.

had this on mine some time ago turned out 2 be the BCS...replaced that and alls well now..

The Flying Moose
Friday 17th June 2011, 18:23
I had a very similar issue on my T5-R some months ago, I replaced spark plugs, ignition pack, rotor arm, distributor cap, HT leads, VAC Cables, MAF Sensor and in the end it turned out to be a faulty fuel injection rail.

Not of much help but all of the above could cause those symptoms.

nottsgreent5
Friday 17th June 2011, 18:46
mine does the same replaced all the above and still does it aswell

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 18th June 2011, 11:47
Need to read the fault codes - as faulty MAF, BCS are all common causes.

Nealevo
Saturday 18th June 2011, 12:12
mine had a faulty maf sensor, all working now, not saying its that but its another thing to try

chunky
Monday 20th June 2011, 12:27
ive already changed maf sensor aswell so im at a loss with it...no fault codes either! will let you know if i solve it

Flatout Phil
Monday 20th June 2011, 13:38
What fuel are you using? Also wondering if any pipes are leaking/collapsing under boost. There are a lot of silly vacumn pipes made of crusty rubber that will benefit from being renewed - doesn't cost much to buy a length of decent vacumn hose. Has the fuel filter ever been changed?
Slightly off the wall here, but my dad's old Passat (with a carb) used to suffer from icing in certain weather conditions - that is, the fuel freezes as it atomises in the carb - causing a flat-spot. Does this happen in fuel injection too I wonder?

chunky
Monday 20th June 2011, 17:46
fuel filter and all hoses changed for silicone ones.im stumped...it only does it 1 in 5 times.I use normal unleaded fuel most of the time and super unleaded sometimes.

merc85
Monday 20th June 2011, 19:21
Fuel pump ok??

Niles
Monday 20th June 2011, 19:31
dodgy knock sensors perhaps. My last auto did the same, changed all the ignition parts & still a bit of a stutter. Had the mild stutter for ages, then, the main suspect was the knock sensor. 3 weeks after I was told that then 1 of the sensors gave in & knocked up and boost spiked my engine & bent a rod. Just my thoughts.

Flatout Phil
Monday 20th June 2011, 21:58
fuel filter and all hoses changed for silicone ones.im stumped...it only does it 1 in 5 times.I use normal unleaded fuel most of the time and super unleaded sometimes.

TBH if you are running a map, you should always use Vpower or similar - they are designed to use the additional octane - unlike many cars.

chunky
Tuesday 21st June 2011, 14:00
im not running a map at the moment,dont wanna do anything else till i sort the stutter out.thanks for the help though guys

woz
Tuesday 21st June 2011, 22:08
Lusty does the same (855 T5 RICA280) even on Vpower
its much worse with unleaded. Tesco momentum not quite so bad.

Wait till the aquamist goes on then we'll see.

Got much worse when plug leads dying, almost undriveable.

thinking a slight obscure fault as hinted in the other replies - possible oil in the chambers as shes a bit long in the tooth and burns a bit?

Perhaps we all have different problems same symptoms?

Woz

Giles
Wednesday 22nd June 2011, 21:45
Mine was split throttle body hose.......and i have one for sale if you need it (Samco) ;) check the small pipe where it joins the main pipe......

Could also be air intake hose sucking air in........