PDA

View Full Version : remap

fyldetowbars
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 07:37
since putting a straight through exhust on my 850 the power band comes in early and goes away quicker do you think its time for a bigger turbo or remapping the car as i dont want to buy the bigget turbo till i have to also thinking off white injectors
only mods so far are
mbc
s/s exhust
ripspeed air filter
cars stll quick just does seem to last as long in the rev range any ideas

stu_850t5
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 08:20
it would definatly benefit from a remap, i'll let others recommened what one. at least with a map you will have more fuel for the extra boost your running etc........

fyldetowbars
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 08:23
had to turn mbc down as it bogged out stu like you say fuel what do you think of white injectors ??? also ie the turbo is it still up to the job with these mods opion always welcome

Jamest5r
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 08:33
You will get boost cut at about 16psi without a map, no need for whites to be honest with a 15g, think Giles has a map for sale

stu_850t5
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 08:47
16t turbo plus a decent remap with your mods will be just about right for an everyday car aswell

Niles
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 08:58
16T, whites & remap will show a big gain, pull much harder. And as stated, if you keep the MBC you will get (sorry for correcting you James) a boost cut @ 14psi, not only is it not to good for you rods, its not good for your mind & heart!! Scary when the boost cut kicks in.

16T will hold higher boost levels better, whites will support the boost fuelling levels better than oranges & the map will provide the boost, fuel trim & timing/ignition etc, will also, remove the boost cut & remove the top speed limiter. If you like an aggressive 'kick in the arse' then a Rica 304 will do that nicely.

Niles
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 09:04
16t turbo plus a decent remap with your mods will be just about right for an everyday car aswell

Spotted you signature. A mate of mine has a Gul yellow manual T5R Estate for sale, just had a full engine rebuild and turbo etc. Nice car but TBH, he knows its rare as hens teeth & spent many a penny on it in the last 6 months. I'm trying to get him along to the 8 ball diner meet on the 3rd of July. I know what he wants for it & already I have told him what he wants is a little high but he may be flexible.

stu_850t5
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 09:30
ah cheers niles, try get him to come over to 8ball........if you dont mind me asking what sort of money is he looking for it? my guess would be 4k?????

Niles
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 09:36
ah cheers niles, try get him to come over to 8ball........if you dont mind me asking what sort of money is he looking for it? my guess would be 4k?????

thats about the kind of money he was wanting. He started off at 4.5k and i told him 'you'll be lucky mate. No chance@ I told him realistically more like 3750. Nice car tho.

stu_850t5
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 09:45
ok fingers crossed he can make it to the 8ball and could have a chat.
thanks again mate

AndysR
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 10:29
Getting a remap is definitely a good idea at this stage so you can make the most of what you've done. It's not necessary to update the injectors with the larger whites but by doing so the duty cycle will be lower as they won't be working quite so hard, so won't do any harm if you did want to fit them. The 850r manual has whites as standard so if you want the remap suitable then get the Rica 310. The Rica map is a great off the shelf map and I am sure you will be very pleased with it.

mitchyboy01
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 12:23
U
Spotted you signature. A mate of mine has a Gul yellow manual T5R Estate for sale, just had a full engine rebuild and turbo etc. Nice car but TBH, he knows its rare as hens teeth & spent many a penny on it in the last 6 months. I'm trying to get him along to the 8 ball diner meet on the 3rd of July. I know what he wants for it & already I have told him what he wants is a little high but he may be flexible.

Hi Niles is this yellow T5 in Ringwould? I had a guy leave a note under my wiper yesterday saying he is breaking a T5 and also has a yellow T5R too???

Wobbly Dave
Tuesday 14th June 2011, 15:02
To my mind if you are going to the bother of remapping a different turbo - do 1 turbo swap & source something like a 19T or HLM hybrid or similar.