PDA

View Full Version : De-Catted... Lamba/O2 sensor light on..ARRggghhh

Nealevo
Monday 6th June 2011, 19:02
HI guys & possibly girls,

I had a decat pipe fitted to my TME exhaust, cut out cat and replaced with stainless piece, but now the lamba/O2 light is on the dash, i replaced it for one i had lying around it the garage as i thought i may have damaged it, but the light is still on the dash and the car is running very poorly, do i have to trick the ECU or something to fool it into thinking there is still a cat in place or shall i just set fire to it and be happy again......

Cheers

nottsgreent5
Monday 6th June 2011, 19:38
i had a decat on my old 850r and it ran fine no lights or poor running think theres a few guys on here with them im in the process of makin one at the mo

si850r
Monday 6th June 2011, 19:42
you want some matches mate

Nealevo
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:23
Dammm that means it something else... Si I'm stealing bits :-)

si850r
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:33
ahhhhh....you dont know where i ve hid my car tho.....:duck:

Nealevo
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:40
It's ok your bringing it home on Wednesday lol

LiamT4
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:50
What volvo do you have. Usually a de-cat will bring up the light but won't effect the way it runs.

Nealevo
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:54
850r lots of black smoke out of back over fueling I think hesitation when pulling away and lack of power....

LiamT4
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:57
850r lots of black smoke out of back over fueling I think hesitation when pulling away and lack of power....

I thought the 850s only had 1 lambda sensor? One fitted before the cat, so removing the cat shouldn't even bring up the light.

p fandango
Monday 6th June 2011, 20:59
I thought the 850s only had 1 lambda sensor? One fitted before the cat, so removing the cat shouldn't even bring up the light.
some did have 2 but can't remember which, think it might be the R's as T-5R's were early on in the production life of the 850

Nealevo
Monday 6th June 2011, 21:06
I only have one just before the cat so I thought it would be no problem I think I have opened a can of worms, 9 years of ownership and bad luck is all coming at once, codes being read on wed

p fandango
Monday 6th June 2011, 21:12
I only have one just before the cat so I thought it would be no problem I think I have opened a can of worms, 9 years of ownership and bad luck is all coming at once, codes being read on wed
then no it can't detect the decat & shouldn't affect it in any way, i decatted my T-5 & had no issues

LiamT4
Monday 6th June 2011, 21:17
removing the cat won't have any effect on a car with just the 1 sensor, unless you've done something to the sensor by accident.

Hopefully the codes will tell you something.

T5frankie
Monday 6th June 2011, 21:53
Sounds like its a problem stemming from something else

si850r
Tuesday 7th June 2011, 05:23
It's ok your bringing it home on Wednesday lol
damn i forgot i told u that

Nealevo
Tuesday 7th June 2011, 16:55
Hi all thanks for advice, had car done today at HLM yet again he saved me from burning it.... MAF had died, new one on, and now it's back to full potential, well for an auto lol cheers again