PDA

View Full Version : how do you clamp this in place?

manback
Monday 6th June 2011, 08:19
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/images/large_images/1271654_large.jpg

i have just blown the 2nd one in as many months.
the jubalee clips i use just slide up the fixing on the rocker cover. after a few times the clips cut the rubber and then it snaps off spraying oil everywhere!!

cherry1809
Monday 6th June 2011, 11:46
Use the OE spring clips, Or just don't over tighten the Jubillee clip :)

Tomcat
Monday 6th June 2011, 12:28
Could just use a cable tie, seen that done before and it wasn't leaking.

siamblue
Monday 6th June 2011, 14:43
As said. Use the OE clips, with a pair of side cutters so easy once you know how they fit.

Gary

t5 stealth
Monday 6th June 2011, 18:28
are you sure the breather system is breathing correctly and its not over pressuring it,thus blowing the hose off....... ?

TenaciousC
Monday 6th June 2011, 18:53
are you sure the breather system is breathing correctly and its not over pressuring it,thus blowing the hose off....... ?

^^ what he said!

Something sounds wrong here. What happens if you blow down that tube? There should be no resistance.

Also do same check on the hose going back to the oil separator at the PTC join ( on air intake near turbo). You should feel resistance from that hose until you take the dipstick out or undo oil filler cap.

swampy
Monday 6th June 2011, 21:36
Could you not try a mikalor clamp?
I know alot of people who use them on boost pipe work

manback
Monday 6th June 2011, 21:57
^^ what he said!

Something sounds wrong here. What happens if you blow down that tube? There should be no resistance.

Also do same check on the hose going back to the oil separator at the PTC join ( on air intake near turbo). You should feel resistance from that hose until you take the dipstick out or undo oil filler cap.

I only changed the Oil trap a few months ago. I'll check for blockages tmw. I blame the taper on the rocker cover what a crap design. As soon as oil gets on it the pipe just pops off!

manback
Monday 6th June 2011, 22:06
Having said that think the oil level was abit high at tue time. Might not help matters

TenaciousC
Monday 6th June 2011, 22:19
I only changed the Oil trap a few months ago. I'll check for blockages tmw. I blame the taper on the rocker cover what a crap design. As soon as oil gets on it the pipe just pops off!

Hmmm don't recall there being a taper. I wonder if in this case the metal has been deformed on the top cover....

manback
Monday 6th June 2011, 22:38
Hmmm don't recall there being a taper. I wonder if in this case the metal has been deformed on the top cover....

Na it's defiantly there. You'd do well to bend that metal and not crack it!

p fandango
Monday 6th June 2011, 22:43
mines tappered, but i've put silicone hose onto it so gripped quite easily

manback
Monday 6th June 2011, 22:49
mines tappered, but i've put silicone hose onto it so gripped quite easily

Where could one purchase such hose?

p fandango
Monday 6th June 2011, 22:58
Where could one purchase such hose?
i've removed the PCV system & plumbed it all into a catch tank

manback
Tuesday 7th June 2011, 08:59
i've removed the PCV system & plumbed it all into a catch tank

hows that work then?

p fandango
Tuesday 7th June 2011, 17:32
hows that work then?
i've not really driven the car since i've done it so not sure how the engine reacts to it, i have changed the pipes since the below pic but the principles the same

http://i791.photobucket.com/albums/yy196/pedro-fandango/Volvo/mine/BT/Engine%20Bay/39196_1508722233924_1110365021_1465500_8112068_n.j pg