PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a 850R

andyb1375
Sunday 5th June 2011, 17:07
Well guys I have just brought a 850R 855 in red as a fun car.

Will post photos when i collect

The Flying Moose
Sunday 5th June 2011, 17:09
Is the plan to keep it then Andy?

Look forward to seeing the pictures mate.

andyb1375
Sunday 5th June 2011, 17:18
Yes the plan is to keep it to go with the V70 and S60, you can never have toooo many

The Flying Moose
Sunday 5th June 2011, 17:28
Is it a manual or Auto this time Andy?

I shall have to pop round and have a look when Im home.

andyb1375
Sunday 5th June 2011, 17:45
Its a auto, cos I am lazy

shrekblackR
Sunday 5th June 2011, 17:50
Nice one buddy another big red lol

AndysR
Sunday 5th June 2011, 18:59
Nice choice, get some pictures up when you can.

merc85
Monday 6th June 2011, 22:16
As above

martybelfastt5
Tuesday 7th June 2011, 10:18
lazy indeed these photos still uploading,,,,lol????

andyb1375
Tuesday 7th June 2011, 18:57
lazy indeed these photos still uploading,,,,lol????

Dont pick it up till Saturday so pictures then

andyb1375
Friday 17th June 2011, 10:06
well here it is. seems to be pretty much standard. Bonnet is damaged and will be replaced. Roof rails to be fitted. Volans are to be replaced with Pegs and doing a manual box conversion

Paul Hassell
Friday 17th June 2011, 12:04
Andy, I have an 850 T5 here I am breaking, engine box etc have gone but I have pedals, servo etc if any use to you, also roof rails !

Wobbly Dave
Friday 17th June 2011, 12:14
BRV was my first & I still have fond memories. Hence the site below. Red is defo best.

If you need any advice on bringing back the red luster then please ask.

I also have a tasty recipe for an awesome A/M grill

The Flying Moose
Friday 17th June 2011, 14:25
Andy will you be selling the Volans?

p fandango
Friday 17th June 2011, 15:19
Giles has got some for sale

andyb1375
Friday 17th June 2011, 15:40

Yes mate !! Very cheap to you my friend

andyb1375
Friday 17th June 2011, 15:42
Andy, I have an 850 T5 here I am breaking, engine box etc have gone but I have pedals, servo etc if any use to you, also roof rails !

Thanks Paul.

Have sorted all the bits at the moment, but will bear it in mind as I am sure that I will need some bits

andyb1375
Friday 17th June 2011, 15:43
BRV was my first & I still have fond memories. Hence the site below. Red is defo best.

If you need any advice on bringing back the red luster then please ask.

I also have a tasty recipe for an awesome A/M grill

Any advice greatly received

The Flying Moose
Friday 17th June 2011, 18:28
Giles has got some for sale

Unfortunately Giles's Volans are priced too high for me Pedro.

Yes mate !! Very cheap to you my friend

Excellent definately interested Andy, im assuming you are keeping them until I pick up the Pegs for you? PM me with you price Andy and ill make sure I have the money.

I forgot to mension in my excitment of finding local Volans... its a very nice car and I shall certainly be paying a visit my friend. Always loved the red ones, polished up they are one of the best colours.

andyb1375
Friday 17th June 2011, 19:11
Unfortunately Giles's Volans are priced too high for me Pedro.

Excellent definately interested Andy, im assuming you are keeping them until I pick up the Pegs for you? PM me with you price Andy and ill make sure I have the money.

I forgot to mension in my excitment of finding local Volans... its a very nice car and I shall certainly be paying a visit my friend. Always loved the red ones, polished up they are one of the best colours.

PM sent...

The Flying Moose
Friday 17th June 2011, 19:20
Cheers Andy replied and sold :)

andyb1375
Monday 27th June 2011, 20:03
Just an update !!

sourced a bonnet (now fitted)
Pegs are being collected this week (thanks to the flying moose)
Visited Giles yesterday and picked up the gearbox, shafts etc

The Flying Moose
Monday 27th June 2011, 20:49
Just an update !!

sourced a bonnet (now fitted)
Pegs are being collected this week (thanks to the flying moose)
Visited Giles yesterday and picked up the gearbox, shafts etc

I just need to get my arse in gear now and sort that clutch and flywheel out for you. I dont suppose you have an engine hoist Andy? The old hoist I had has gone to the scrapyard now as it was badly leaking hydraulic fluid. The whole job is still attached to the subframe and I need to move and elevate it to unbolt the box.

andyb1375
Monday 27th June 2011, 20:56
I just need to get my arse in gear now and sort that clutch and flywheel out for you. I dont suppose you have an engine hoist Andy? The old hoist I had has gone to the scrapyard now as it was badly leaking hydraulic fluid. The whole job is still attached to the subframe and I need to move and elevate it to unbolt the box.

Sorry mate i don't have one, but can soon pop down and lift it for you.

Did you sell the gearbox?

The Flying Moose
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:01
Sorry mate i don't have one, but can soon pop down and lift it for you.

Did you sell the gearbox?

The gearbox is provissionally sold yes, so just as soon as I remove it I will get it delivered and get some much needed cash my way!

Just pondering on whether to fit my spare engine or refurb the head on the engine in the car and sell the spare engine. Only problem is Im not confident enough to do the head job myself as I understand the lifters can cuase hassle in the T5's and can only afford the £150 it will cost to have the head done and not the £££ to have it fitted.

You are by all means welcome to pop over and salvage anything else you need that I may have lying around in the garage.

andyb1375
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:07
The gearbox is provissionally sold yes, so just as soon as I remove it I will get it delivered and get some much needed cash my way!

Just pondering on whether to fit my spare engine or refurb the head on the engine in the car and sell the spare engine. Only problem is Im not confident enough to do the head job myself as I understand the lifters can cuase hassle in the T5's and can only afford the £150 it will cost to have the head done and not the £££ to have it fitted.

You are by all means welcome to pop over and salvage anything else you need that I may have lying around in the garage.

I am more than happy to rebuild the head for you !! or any other engine rebuilds (just completed two major engine rebuilds so it wouldn't be a problem

The Flying Moose
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:18
I am more than happy to rebuild the head for you !! or any other engine rebuilds (just completed two major engine rebuilds so it wouldn't be a problem

Really? Thats very kind. How much would it typically cost for all the seals, gaskets and compounds required? Cylinder head gasket obviously plus you might as well renew all of the heads elastromeric components. What sort of time does it usually take too. I can easily have the car off the road for a couple of weeks without too much hassle.

andyb1375
Monday 27th June 2011, 21:35
Really? Thats very kind. How much would it typically cost for all the seals, gaskets and compounds required? Cylinder head gasket obviously plus you might as well renew all of the heads elastromeric components. What sort of time does it usually take too. I can easily have the car off the road for a couple of weeks without too much hassle.

Em..all you will pay is the parts at cost price and a head skim at £27 +VAT