PDA

View Full Version : Help with washer bottle water-level float

Flatout Phil
Thursday 2nd June 2011, 13:30
I think my windscreen washer bottle water-level float is sinking. How do you get the bottle out, and can the float be got at without having to replace the whole bottle/pumps etc?

Symptoms are an intermittent and increasingly on washer fluid light.

All ideas and useful links gratefully accepted ;)

PHIL V70R
Thursday 2nd June 2011, 15:56
have you hod a look under the drivers wing,,,should just unclip or some thing like that, the flot should just pull out..had 2 do the same job on the cosworth i had so poss the same.:funkybana

Volvostorm
Thursday 2nd June 2011, 16:54
I had a problem like this, was caused by the filter in the bottle, it was blocked, and, would only take a small amount of water.

Pull the neck out and have a look, I pushed a screwdriver through the filter, never had the problem since :)

Flatout Phil
Thursday 2nd June 2011, 18:16
I had a problem like this, was caused by the filter in the bottle, it was blocked, and, would only take a small amount of water.

Pull the neck out and have a look, I pushed a screwdriver through the filter, never had the problem since :)

That is INTERESTING because last time I tried topping it up it was REALLY slow to fill.

siamblue
Thursday 2nd June 2011, 18:41
There is a small gauze on the top of the bottle, it gets blocked, but that wouldn't affect the float as that is in a different area, the bottle is held in with 3 bolts 10mm heads.

Gary

nottsgreent5
Thursday 2nd June 2011, 20:27
if you look at the bottle neck just in front is the front pump and in front of that therse a tube that sticks up with a rubber gromet in it and a wire going into it thats the float wire mine did the same so just disconected it lol

Flatout Phil
Thursday 2nd June 2011, 22:34
Cleared out the femidom - not pleasant but it does now fill more readily. Will see if the bottle was just empty - although I suspect the float is ££££ed.

Volvostorm
Thursday 2nd June 2011, 22:51
After mine was holed, I never had a problem, couldn't believe how much extra it held too!

Flatout Phil
Friday 3rd June 2011, 16:14
Amazingly the problem has gone. Obviously just not filling properly - hence the inevitable low reading. I just popped the filter out and used kitchen spray to clean it out. Put a screwdriver through it!!! Not on mine guys ;)

Niles
Friday 3rd June 2011, 18:19
the little mesh filter in the filler neck gets clogged with nasty slippery yukky stuff. I took mine out & gave it a good scrub & sorted my filler problems. Bit of a pain to get the filter out but worth it. Id bet a few pennies that every 850 out there has got a semi/clogged filter & would benefit from a good scrub. Just my opinion. lol.

Niles
Friday 3rd June 2011, 18:22
ring any bells Phil? Rear windy being fixed @ mine on Tuesday.
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b91/camelbeanie/2011_0120850R0011.jpg

shrekblackR
Saturday 4th June 2011, 20:57
After mine was holed, I never had a problem, couldn't believe how much extra it held too!

Lol I totally agree much more water in the pot now lol